Font/icon color and size in the app (readability)

App settings for visually impaired

Add brightness/contrast/ color options in the app for those with visual impairment. The standard muted green is difficult to see. Here’s the biggest struggle, to see the difference between which devices are on and what is off. So add some color to the status indicator buttons (on is green, off is red) and remove the words. Or possibly split the screen, with the top half being devices the are on, and bottom half obviously being devices that are off. See example of complaint here… https://photos.app.goo.gl/H6zGgjb6Z2ZHU9A26

1 Like

Change camera time lapse font color

When a time lapse event is saved, it shows up the camera album as a light grey icon. When I want to download and view the file, the camera uses a WHITE font to show the file size and percentage downloaded. It is almost impossible to see the White font on the gray icon.

Please change the icon color!!!

2 Likes

Yes, the Wyze color scheme is horrible. May it works OK for 25 year olds, but not worth a damn for us older folks - I’m 63. A change to the color scheme has been request MANY times and it is obvious that Wyze has ZERO interest in improving it.

2 Likes

Colors are really bad if you are color blind. I can not tell if options are on or off! :frowning:

2 Likes

watch 47; heart rate graph readings are too small to read. critical to afib user

Please increase the the back button, group name and settings button or add a solid color behind them as they get lost when scrolling down. (Apple iOS 16.2 with dark mode active shown in pictures)

[Mod Note]: Your request was merged to this topic for consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button. Please also and separately comment on and/or vote for Larger back button in app.

Weight Scale measurements graphics
The colors are very faint and hard to read/view
Please provide an option to change the color of the graphics or make it darker.

1 Like

Cam Pan v3 - larger pan tilt control icons

Got the new Pan V3 love it just wish the contols were larger like the older Pan controls

Have you played with your android OS display settings? looks like the size of the control wheel is influenced by the display size settings in android.

Would that make everything else also larger. The controls on my old pan are fine only the new pan camera’s are small
I really dont want to enlarge all my apps and everything on my phone just for 2 cameras

Relocate DATE/TIME STAMP in camera view

Currently, the CAMERA NAME is on the LEFT of a GREYED-OUT BAR at the top of a camera VIEW, but the DATE/TIME STAMP is at the LOWER RIGHT of the same view. If the view is LIGHT or COMPLEX, it makes the DATE/TIME difficult to read. If the DATE TIME were relocated to the right side of the greyed-out bar at the top, it would make it EASIER TO READ, and would be in a place where it wouldn’t interfere with the display, since it is ALREADY greyed out.

This is on the GROUP view only. Once you visit the individual cameras live view page, the top “greyed out bar with the camera name” is no longer there.

The camera name in the group view is only ovelayed in the group view in the app, whereas the time/date stamp is an overlay that is imbedded within the video at the camera level.

If you move the time/date stamp to the “grey bar” in its current state, then the time/date stamp wouldnt be shown at the camera level on the video itself, and only in the app.

I merged your request to this existing wishlist that talks about font readability within the Wyze app.

1 Like

Thanks, TONY! Your perspective is APPreciated!

1 Like

Please provide contrast to the download status message when downloading a time lapse video. It is nearly impossible to read the white letters against the gray and white static image.

I cannot read to get an idea of how long the download will take, an estimate of which should be provided by the download process.

I also cannot see if the download stalls out.

Thanks

Thank you!

[Mod Edit]: Signature block has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

On Off button colors

Would love to see the ON button color changed from solid white with green border & letters, to solid green button with white ON letters. It would be much easier to distinguish between the ON and OFF buttons, for the visually impaired ( like my wife & myself)
Thanks very much!

I too would like to see some color options in the iOS app. This thread was started (as of today) over 4 years ago and has 91 responses, yet there’s been no change to the color or font options. Why Wyze? As others have said, maybe the app is fine if you are 25 or have good vision. But some of us are getting older and would like/need color options to make the app more user friendly.

Please address this soon!

1 Like

Bolder darker fonts/ gradient lines in app for those of us that are vision challenged, no light colors please.

Not all of your users are twenty years old with perfect vision.
Please avoid light grays and light colors in general in the app.

3 Likes

I share other customer concerns about the legibility of the interface in general. Wyze has a great sense of “brand”, but the brand style guidelines don’t really work in the phone app where screen real estate is at a premium. To be fair, there is a LOT of functionality to fit in every screen, so the type sort of has to be small. But as a general rule of UI/UX design, the smaller the type the higher the contrast should be. Small gray text on white is NOT good design, even though it looks stylish to younger designers.

One of my concerns is that the iPhone app does not seem to support Apple’s Accessibility controls at all. In Settings > Accessibility > Per App Settings, I can add Wyze to the list and then I SHOULD be able to make changes to the app interface using those controls. When I choose Bold text or increase the size of the text, nothing happens in the app. If you want to be an iOS developer, you should go all in and support their controls – ESPECIALLY for accessibility.

One of the reasons I LOVE Wyze devices is that (in general) they just work. They’re easy for my 89-year-old mother in law to understand. But the app interface does not make it easy for older people to use the devices that were built to be so easy to use.

So please consider adding some user-selectable controls for interface design, such as “high contrast” that simply turns on a different color palette.

Also, all the shortcut buttons look exactly the same. This does not make it easy for someone with poor eyesight to differentiate between shortcuts/rules. You could pretty easily add the ability to change the color and/or icon of each of these buttons at the time the shortcut is created (or even afterward). Being able to set, for example, the front camera alarm to red with a horn icon, or turn off notifications with a no-sound icon, would go a LONG way to making these icons (and shortcuts) as a whole more useful.

As I have said before, it is very obvious that Wyze has absolutely zero interest in fixing this.
And at 64, I agree, the color scheme is HORRIBLE.