Floodlight seems to be super sensitive

I did. It feels like it doesn’t actually do anything lol.

I will say about the IR lights though. We had a rainy day/night and the flood light didn’t turn on as much as before. HOWEVER… I turned the IR lights back ON, and there was no change. Not as many false activations. I even turned the PIR sensitivity back too 100% and it didnt seem to activate due to rain anymore.
I’m still going to play around with settings to fine tune it and report back.

Still frustrated about the recorded events and deadzone not seeming to work though.

1 Like

soooooooooo a new issue just popped up when testing the flood lights tonight. I now have both floods set to 100% sensitivity and one flood light seems to not turn on and the other one I have to practically stand under it now =( facepalm I’m speechless…

@WyzeDesmond I took a log shortly after walking under the flood light without it coming on. Log ID is screenshotted below along with all my settings you might need to see.

1 Like

You should take a photo of the floodlight to show that only one is on

I guess maybe I need to make a new thread, because my new issue is “off topic.” its no longer super sensitive, but now doesnt seem to be sensitive enough lol. at 100% and not activating.

2 Likes

I have had the floodlight for 11 months and I have found it to be a bit unreliable tbh .

The pir sensor has a mind of its own

It’ll get triggered on by cars headlights , porch lights turning on / off , rain droplets , wind , shadows , cats , bugs , random things all the time

But when I’m walking up to it , when I’m pulling my car into the driveway and park right under neath it or other scenarios it just doesn’t turn on

This is my 2nd floodlight unit and I doubt a 3rd will make a difference .

I have been testing to find the perfect settings to settle on but none work for what I need .

I have moved the pir sensor countless times and I can never get to work well ugh

2 Likes

Having the EXACT SAME PROBLEMS and it seems to have no time or reason.

The night before it seemed to work well but tonight no matter what sensitivity setting EVERYTHING keeps setting it off and then when the light turns on and lights up my driveway, then i get a notice that a package has been detected in driveway!

THIS IS NUTS!.. nothing is consistent

I posted this before because my floodlight would turn on constantly due to heater exhaust. Since I changed the setting it has rarely turned on by false positive. Hope this helps.

Also, as a side note, I have these cheap solar motion lights in a corner of the house and passing cars would always trigger them even though they’re 30+ feet away, at an angle.

So by using these settings, does the floodlight seem to run independent of the camera?

Not sure what you mean by “independent from the camera”, but now my floodlight doesn’t come on every 10 minutes. In fact only once in a while the puff of steam (I suppose) from the heater is strong enough to trigger the light to come on.

That is exactly what I mean :slightly_smiling_face: I will try that.

1 Like