Floodlight rule not working

Good morning

So I set up a rule to turn on the floodlight from 5 am - 6 am

Yet the floodlight turned off 2 minutes after it came on at 5 am .

So i created 2 separate rules . One to turn on the floodlight at 5 am , and one to turn off the floodlight at 6 am

Today the floodlights came on at the exact time 5 am , but about 7 minutes in the floodlights turned off by themselves again

Am I going crazy here or something ? Why do they turn off …

I have my floodlight set to turn on via the pir sensor .

Any help here

Thanks

:slight_smile:

Check the Camera / Light Settings and see if it is set to go off when motion stops

Theirs no setting for this :slight_smile:

I am talking about something like this…

You have your timer set to turn it off after 15 minutes.

Yet the first day it executed the rule it turned off after 2 minutes

And the second day it turned off the floodlight after 7 minutes

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t creating a rule to turn on the floodlights from 5 am - 6 am gonna override my floodlight settings and keep the floodlight on for the entirety of the hour ?

What I imagine happened the first few days is it had detected motion prior to the rule turning it on and the 15 minute countdown to switch off had already started.

I do not believe creating the rule is overriding the settings, so even if the light is on once it detects motion it starts the 15 minute turn off countdown, the way to test this would be to disable the timer and see how it acts tonight.

2 Likes

That is where I was going as well.

To do a test, Turn off the Motion Detected setting by PIR and see if that makes a difference.

Unfortunately that’s not the case as I was viewing the cameras at that time and the floodlight was not triggered on before the 5 am rule went into effect

This makes no sense , if I have my floodlight set to only turn on when motions been detected by the pir sensor and set the timer to 15 minutes

If I have a rule to turn on the floodlight for 1 hour during the day . I would hope that the floodlight is smart enough to not need to use the pir sensor to detect motion and turn it off after the 15 minutes and that it only keeps the floodlight ON for 1 hour

If how you’re explaining it to me that I have to turn off the timer and I have to turn off motion detection then I have to do this every single day that I want this rule to go into effect ? I have to manually do it instead of the app… this seems counterintuitive

I am not sure that is the way it works that is why I said to run a test by turning the 15 minute limit off. I am inclined to think this is the way it is set up to work right now as I am guessing that the motion trigger is not checking to see the current status of if the light is on or not, my belief is that the motion trigger just sets a timer to turn off after 15 minutes.

It is also a possibility that on those other days when the motion was detected it was not dark enough to trigger the light but it still started the timer to shut it off and the rule portion happened to turn on during the countdown.

1 Like