Flashing your WyzeCam v2 firmware

I looked at your RouteThis info. Everything looks normal. If you are up for an extra test, I would suggest you use your phone as a hotspot to do a test. Here is the instruction:

• Turn on hotspot on your phone, get your password ready
  • Go through the add experience and enter your hotspot SSID and password in Wyze app
  • Press the 'Setup' button of your camera and scan the QR code
  • See if you can connect in this way. If you can succeed, you can try upgrade your firmware. If not, please contact our CS team and ask for a replacement. I will leave a note in the ticket so they will see my note.

Thanks!

thanks. No luck. Email sent.

Thanks a lot for this remedy. Worked for us. We faced the dreaded ‘steady yellow light’ symptom after only 2 days of getting the unit.

That is why I am now a bit paranoid every time I unplug the camera to relocate (we haven’t decided on a fixed location yet) because I had to make sure that it runs through the correct sequence that will lead to the steady blue light.

Keeping it under observation now, will treat it gently, like a kid who just got discharged from the hospital =P

Well, I am at least glad I’m not the only one havign this problem. I was installing the camera and it wanted to do a firmware upgrade. LO and Behold it is too light for a paperweight and I’m about to test it for sustained velocity across a parking lot.

It does not turn solid Blue.

I need this on line in the morning.

I’ve tested various power cords.

I’m tired.

I’m never buying your crap again.

This is me in a good mood when your company leaves me having to explain why your camera sux to my boss.

1 Like

I see that you are blocking new reviews for this garbage on Amazon. You must be proud of this crap.

Hello! Amazon controls when reviews are enabled or disabled. We have had reports of this happening from time to time, but it always seems to be for select users, with others still being able to post. If you continue to have this problem on their site I would suggest reaching out to Amazon Support.

I see you had a reply further up as well to LikeWyze’s post from May and sounds like you are having trouble getting the firmware to update.

What version are you upgrade from?

What app version are you on? Are you using iOS or Android?

I will be more than happy to make sure you are taken care of and we get you up and running! I would suggest opening a ticket with us (https://www.wyzecam.com/wyze-support/) and let me know the ticket number here so that I can pick it up and assist! Thanks for your time and patience!

THIS WORKED! …instead of pressing and holding the set up button, I double pressed and held – and was able to go through set up and connect. The camera seems to be working fine.

Hi,

Just set up the camera v2. Said I needed to update firmware, clicked OK. The bar moved across the screen , then said update failed. Went into the app and selected update firmware, said I already have the newest version. FYI

Camera V2 -> Don’t working when “Update Firmware” -> Error code -90 -> Light with Yellow.

“3.Hold the setup button, plug in your USB cable, keep holding the setup button for 3-6 seconds”

Light with Yellow not Blue.

I had to put the demo.bin into \Main rather then \ root directory for it to flash correctly and show the blue light for the V2 Wyze Cam.

Got both cameras fixed after bad firmware flash on weak wifi.

Flashing the firmware manually worked for my solid yellow WyzeCam v2. It had become solid yellow after attempting the latest firmware update … it must have gotten corrupt or locked up. It’s too bad that the hardware/software is not robust enough to prevent this but I’m thankful to have a solution.

Flashing worked. However, because I used a clean (reformatted) Micro SD card with the downloaded firmware, I had to push the reset button after the 5 minute wait and do a new connection setup. But it worked. Thanks.

I also had a cam2 failure after updating per wyze notice. Yellow light steady no blue. Error code 90. Installed firmware 4.9.2.18 as per instructions, still have yellow light. I could easily buy a new one because of price, but I have 2 more cameras and constant update notices from Wyze to update firmware. Looking for advice.

Hi, please make sure you flash your v2 cam with 4.9.2.18 or 4.9.2.42 firmware. If you have Pan, please use Pan firmware. There is a possibility that the SD card didn’t get recognized. If you have another SD card I suggest you give it a try.

For your other two cameras, I suggest you upgrade them (at least do one). Bricked camera is likely because of corrupted downloaded file. It should be per device, not per firmware version.

Anyhow, if you can’t revive the dead units, please contact our support team at support@wyzecam.com (or Amazon depends on where you purchased them) and ask for a return. The issue is under our warranty. Sorry for the trouble!

This worked perfectly, thank you!!

I am glad that you folks were able to suggest a fix by going back to an earlier Firmware version. I am fortunate that my office mate had a Micro SD card reader handy.

I have successfully turned back time and my Wyze Cam v2 is now running 4.9.2.42. As soon as it came back to life, it asked to have the Firmware upgraded, which, of course, I refused.

So my question today is, how soon will we be seeing yet another Firmware upgrade, this one hopefully eliminating the problems of the last one?

The problem is not actually with the new firmware but with the delivery of the firmware update. It gets locked up and the only way to “free” it is to go back is to manually reset it with the older firmware. That being said when I fixed my problem by manually going back to the older firmware I immediately got prompted to upgrade the firmware and I did so this time without problems. I also updated recently to the latest firmware just a few days ago without issue so I suggest you just try again and update your firmware normally.

Well, the first time I upgraded the firmware to the current version (4.9.2.52) it seemed to go fine but worked for less than a day before the problems started and I discovered the dreaded solid yellow light, eventually getting to this page and going back to the previous version, which seemed to work fine. I did not upgrade, as I wrote above, until I considered your message, jptrek4, and decided you might be right, so I went ahead and upgraded. It seemed to work at the time, but now, less than a day later, I’m having the same problems as before.

Therefore, it is my opinion that the current problem lies with the firmware upgrade itself, and NOT the upgrade process.

So, my question, again, is when will a new Firmware version be coming out to replace what I think is a faulty version (4.9.2.52)?

P.S. One of the ‘symptoms’ of this problem is the occasional clicking sound. Just to let you guys know, I find that sound unacceptable, and since I can hear that sound when the camera does its automatic switch to night mode, I can’t use night mode.

P.P.S. The clicking is much more than occasional. I’m going to have to shut the camera down until this problem is fixed.

Hmm … I have three cameras on 4.9.2.52 with no problems but I don’t have the clicking sound you mention. I know these cameras are not the most robust so perhaps you have a hardware problem? Personally, I would have the unit replaced. Good luck.

P.S. Oh, I was just thinking that you may want to reformat the sd card you are using just to rule out a corrupted card.

Strange and anomalous! I flashed back to .42 and although it insisted on repeating the setup three times, the camera is now working again as expected. For some reason, the v.52 makes this camera unhappy, so I’ll continue with .42 until the next upgrade. If that one doesn’t work right, I’ll consider replacing the hardware at that time.