Filter Alerts by Type (Motion, Sound, Etc.)

I am newbie here and just purchased Wyze from microcenter.
So impressed Wyze app can manage all other products and camera abilities with this price range.

But I would like to vote one to adding better filter and sorting ability by time range, triggered type such sound and motion detected tags. Currently only the cloud base can shows detection list. On the SD card I am having hard time to finding the specific type and time frame.

Used to have Samsung smartcam has abilities to various filter and search. I really wish Wyze team can add filter and searching capabilities.

Thanks!

Welcome to the Wyze family, @archstar1982! Thanks for the up vote here as I am hopeful this will get some traction!!

1 Like

Still a great product and team overall!
Is there a way to get more fidelity selections on the Event page?
It has “device” and “person”, but at times I would like to choose a filter for “motion” or “sound”, but it does not appear to be a selection available.
Ideally a filter allows sorting of all parameters, to get the right combination of many down to a few.
Thanks

2 Likes

This has been in development for a bit but I forgot to move it. Sorry! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In the wyze app, I would like a way to filter video clip notification “events” by sense triggers. Right now I can filter by camera, but I would also like a way to only see the triggered videos from my wyze sense sensors (Smart video alerts). Can we get an option to filter events by each sensor, or at the very least have an option to only show the smart video alerts?

After reading your comment at where I moved it, I understood what you were really asking for. The title has also been changed for clarity

2 Likes

I think this is a good idea for people who have the motion sensor and only want to see video alerts set off by true motion.

Just added sensors and disappointed that this filter wasn’t there as soon as I saw that tag was there :frowning: especially since it only loads 20 videos at a time in events.

Yep. Event filtering is weak. We should be able to filter on what triggered the event. I often want to filter out events triggered by sound, for example.

If you want to filter events by sound, you should vote here.

3 Likes

In the EVENTS tab, it would be nice to filter “smart alerts” only

1 Like

Test reply.

Please create a list of motion detected events in the app similar to the way Nest and Arlo does with thumbnails. This makes it easier to get back to motion events. Right now it is almost unusable to get back to an event or to catch a criminal.

Sorry, I’m not familiar with the others - what are they doing different with thumbnails than Wyze’s current events page? Thanks for posting!

Looks like App v2.13 allows filtering by triggered sound or motion now.

1 Like

Thanks for beating me to it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@UserCustomerGwen, perhaps this is getting marked complete a little soon? In my comments above, I mentioned being able to filter by ‘Automation’ (formerly ‘smart alert’ before the redesign) would be useful as this is what a Wyze Sense Motion trigger comes up as, but now there is no way to differentiate those from the IFTTT uploads which also show as type ‘Automation’ - other than I know when they are scheduled and what cameras have Wyze Sense triggers?
Additionally, it would still be useful to have the ability to filter to viewed or unviewed messages - today it is only deciphered by the change in the appearance of the event. This is most useful when I’m trying to track down an event I know I saw, but didn’t download at the time.

Here is the excellent steps forward, yet I’m hopeful the above can still be incorporated to ‘bring it home’.

Thank you!!!

Yeah, but now after viewing a video and returning back to the list of the events it starts at the top and not further down below where the previous video clip was played at, so you have to scroll down again and again. I noticed that behavior in the beta release version and did not like that so I switched back to the regular version. Now after update the regular version is all goofy like the beta was. Fix it…

8 posts were split to a new topic: Timeline missing in landscape orientation

Yes please. I would like to see the smart events tag in the filters in the events tab.

I have a v3 set to record an event when a V2 motion sensor detected motion. I don’t want to have to go to that specific device and view the smart event , it would be nice if the smart event tag would be available in the filters In the events tag. So I can view the smart event in the events tab