Filter Alerts by Type (Motion, Sound, Etc.)

In addition to the existing “person” tag, the events NEED tag filters for motion, sound, and scene action. The events already have these tags applied to them…and the ability to filter tags is already in the app. There’s no reason the filter options can’t easily include the various tags to choose from.

Al of the required functionality is already in the app. As a 20 year developer, I can say with relative confidence enabling these tag features is a 1/2 day project to enable and fully test. It could be released in beta by Tuesday , assuming devs don’t work on the weekend, and are half-asleep monday morning when they start work

2 Likes

I agree, we need this UI.

Filter events by motion, sound and events that caused notifications.

1 Like

I emailed them about this and they said to post on this wishlist about it… seems like it’s a no brainer to build this in since they already have the option to filter by “person”

Amen. Filter by Sound/Motion alerts!

I’ve been thinking this for a while and finally found that this topic is pre-existing on the Wishlist board. Here’s my usecase: I use IFTTT to upload a video to the cloud every hour:

This creates a ‘scene action’ video for Every Hour for Every Camera which is a LOT of scrolling. Would love to update current ‘Person’ filter to work like ‘Devices’ filter to be able to select from any of the available video ‘tags’ (motion, Complete Motion Capture, person, audio, scene action, perhaps something future like ‘package’ or ‘vehicle’, etc.) although I typically am just looking to filter out the scene actions. In fact, the devices filter already shows ‘tags’, so more would just need to be added:

It would also be a bonus to only look at ‘unwatched’ or ‘watched’ tags which are currently only decipherable by their bold or unbolded titles. (Kind of along the lines of a ‘filter for events that created notifications’ comment)

Thanks for considering!!

I would really appreciate if you could add the filter for “motion”, “sounds”, or both for the events.

1 Like

Appreciate you adding to this conversation! Would love to see this happen as the UI is basically designed to make this happened by adapting the Camera filter.
Perhaps @UserCustomerGwen can comment if this thread has been seen by the team. At my work, this would make a great ‘Hackathon’ project for a couple devs :grimacing:.

1 Like

This has been seen by the team! It’s something that might happen someday but I haven’t heard plans for it at this point.

3 Likes

Would it be possible to create additional filter that would allow to select evens not only by cameras, but rather by detected sounds only or in conjunction with a selected cameras?

Thanks for adding to this topic, @Cepega! Great to hear you are thinking along the same lines as I was in this post above!
Hopefully we can get more people to chime in and ‘vote’ for this topic! (P.S. you got by clicking the ‘vote’ button all the way at the top by the title - it will say ‘voted’ when you have joined the 31 who already have)

I am newbie here and just purchased Wyze from microcenter.
So impressed Wyze app can manage all other products and camera abilities with this price range.

But I would like to vote one to adding better filter and sorting ability by time range, triggered type such sound and motion detected tags. Currently only the cloud base can shows detection list. On the SD card I am having hard time to finding the specific type and time frame.

Used to have Samsung smartcam has abilities to various filter and search. I really wish Wyze team can add filter and searching capabilities.

Thanks!

Welcome to the Wyze family, @archstar1982! Thanks for the up vote here as I am hopeful this will get some traction!!

1 Like

Still a great product and team overall!
Is there a way to get more fidelity selections on the Event page?
It has “device” and “person”, but at times I would like to choose a filter for “motion” or “sound”, but it does not appear to be a selection available.
Ideally a filter allows sorting of all parameters, to get the right combination of many down to a few.
Thanks

2 Likes

This has been in development for a bit but I forgot to move it. Sorry! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In the wyze app, I would like a way to filter video clip notification “events” by sense triggers. Right now I can filter by camera, but I would also like a way to only see the triggered videos from my wyze sense sensors (Smart video alerts). Can we get an option to filter events by each sensor, or at the very least have an option to only show the smart video alerts?

After reading your comment at where I moved it, I understood what you were really asking for. The title has also been changed for clarity

2 Likes

I think this is a good idea for people who have the motion sensor and only want to see video alerts set off by true motion.

Just added sensors and disappointed that this filter wasn’t there as soon as I saw that tag was there :frowning: especially since it only loads 20 videos at a time in events.

Yep. Event filtering is weak. We should be able to filter on what triggered the event. I often want to filter out events triggered by sound, for example.