Feature request: Alert schedules

I just finished installing 5 cams and I second this request. The app should incorporate the ability to control the alerts/notifications not only by hour but also days!!! Just a simply checklist of which day you want them and time window. Even the ability to add more than one time window would be great (i.e. Mon 9AM-5PM and 10PM to 5AM, and Sundays off…). Thanks!

Hopefully the feature to be able to set different alert notification for different days of the week is releasing soon in the next version. Right now I have to manually turn off the notification whenever I am at home during the weekends, and sometimes I forget to set it back, defeating the purpose of having this cam in the first place.

penghon said:

Right now I have to manually turn off the notification whenever I am at home during the weekends, and sometimes I forget to set it back, defeating the purpose of having this cam in the first place.

Check out the recently announced IFTTT integration. You can have location trigger turning notifications on an off automatically when you come home.

Please add the ability to set a different alert/notification schedule on weekdays and weekends. I just bought my first unit and love it! but it’s hard to deal with the notifications on the weekend if I don’t remember to turn it off and back on on Sunday.

I just bought mine and it did not have the capability to set weekend schedule separately although I was reading in the thread that it was introduced earlier this year?

I just bought mine and it did not have the capability to set weekend schedule separately…

IFTTT works! I’ve been using it for several weeks now. I use 3 of the IFTTT “functions”.

1. On [days of week] at [time], then [disable/enable] motion detection. I set up several of these to cover different days/times to disable/enable my cam.
  2. On [days of week] at [sunset/sunrise], then [disable/enable] motion detection. Good for outdoor situations.
  3. Using Google Assistant, on [voice command phrase], then [disable/enable] motion detection. This saves me the trouble of fumbling through my wyzecam app when I need to turn the cam on or off on the fly.
These functions can be set up either on your computer (ifttt.com) or on your IFTTT app (I use android, but I'm sure iOS works fine too). Pros & Cons: Flexible scheduling and easy to use, but yet another piece of software that knows your user data. Oh well...