Fast Forward/Rewind In Playback

There wasn’t anything mentioned about that, but I would love to see this!

If you use Tiny Cam you view the CamPlus events at 0.1x, 0.5x, 1x, 2x, 3x, or 5x…so a little faster, and a lot slower if you really want…but it would be nice if Wyze allows it natively through the Wyze App up to 16x like eufy cams can do.

2 Likes

Yes please! I had to pull a memory card and save a days recording which was nice to see how it’s broken down to each hour. But I had to go through each hour with VLC player and increase the playback speed just so I can find something, a lot of work was involved. Please get this feature moving!

1 Like

It’s been 65 days since my last post, just checking in to see if there have been any plans to improve the quality of your user experience when reviewing footage. @WyzeGwendolyn can we get an update?

1 Like

It is still listed as a ‘maybe-later’, that means they are not actively doing anything with it but have not ruled it out.

Been trying to figure out which cat has had accidents and its in a very active space… lack of FFWD or RWD is brutal… The camera is constantly active…

1 Like

I have this frustration too.

What I usually end up doing is switching to the playback timeline for the SD card. Then I will jump back and forth between seeing the thing in question (ie: the cat feces or urine puddle…zooming in helps a lot during this time) and it not being there, and keep moving forward and backward, at first several hours (or days) at a time, then it narrows down to minutes and then I can usually find it relatively quickly. It would still be better to have a good continuous fast forward or rewind, but jumping around with smaller and smaller boundary positions seeing the problem and not seeing it seems to work pretty well to narrow it down…better than watching nonstop without FF/RW for sure.

Cam Plus can sometimes be helpful, but if it’s a place in the house where there are always pets, it’s almost pointless to just sort events by pet…though I can jump through events looking for if there is scat or not and narrow it down a couple of events and then fast forward through those. Sometimes the SD card playback is easier though, and lots of people don’t have cam plus.

For what it’s worth, Wyze said they are looking into improving video scrubbing:

2 Likes

The frustrating part of this is wyze has said they would work on this ‘easy’ upgrade years ago. Yet new product after new product and still nothing! I bought a super cheap cam and it has a remarkable search features.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse the brevity, spelling and punctuation.

2 Likes

It’s been 34 days since my last post. Is there any update with this @WyzeGwendolyn would really like to see some improvements here. Reviewing footage is painful and clips are not reliable.

1 Like

@WyzeGwendolyn All the items you listed 3 yrs ago are still true today. Is there any update to this feature request?

Hello @mozeryansky and welcome to the community.

The last update was in January of 2021. They have not yet found a work around for the file system issue which is making this very hard to implement. They said they have not given up but the hardware limitations make it tricky.

1 Like

Awesome, great to know! If I could just download the data to my phone and play it using the built in playback that’d work perfectly. iOS has very nice scrubbing built in.

Jason, that begs the question: why did they choose this particular path… I can’t fathom hardware issues that would prevent the ability to have an application either display in either portrait or landscape mode…

Hi,

Would like to see time lapse while I’m scrolling in the recorded history on the SD Card.

Miki

1 Like

That is not really an acceptable answer. We are looking for an enhancement to the as file viewer which would allow 2x, 4x,8x, 16x , 32x viewing of files on the sd card. It really should be a fairly simple coding change. You obviously don’t want to do this since it competes with cam plus. Charge for the viewer upgrade if necessary in a premium app, but don’t give lame excuses that insult our intelligence. If you don’t do it, I might just have to code a viewer app that accesses the SD card. I’m a retired programmer and could always use the extra income! I’d rather have one that’s integrated in your app. Please make it available!

1 Like

Just FYI… This forum is primarily a user-to-user community. Forum Moderators and Forum Mavens are not Wyze employees. Wyze employees are identified via “Wyze Team” following their forum user name. Jason21271 is a fellow Wyze user who volunteers time to help moderate this forum.

1 Like

If this was truly an effective forum then questions like this wouldn’t need to be addressed they would’ve already been answered it’s crazy we keep beating the drum but nobody hears

I hope that changes someday …

@WyzeGwendolyn its been 26 days since my last post. Could you voice our concern to the team? The playback is still terrible, it is unnecessarily hard to scrub through footage. Please update.

2 Likes

Maybe we could send letters to the office? Then at least someone would read them.

5808 Lake Washington Blvd NE
#301, Kirkland, WA 98033

They read these… I’ve been replied to indicating that they were working on it. Years ago… they don’t care it just that simple.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse the brevity, spelling and punctuation.

I’ve got nothing but positive vibes to send to Wyze! I believe they care to improve their user experience to gain new customers and retain more customers. This is the top voted concern on the forum (Smart Things integration is a nice to have, improving playback will literally help every customer with a camera).

1 Like