Fast Forward/Rewind (and other scrubbing alternatives) In SD Card Playback

Is there currently or is it proposed that we be able to view the camera footage in advanced speed so that one could more qaulickly go through the footage to find relevant information?

[Moderator Note: This is a merged topic.]

3 posts were split to a new topic: Moving between events on SD card playback

All I can say if you been watching that thread is: When PIGS FLY…

almost 2 years later. they still haven’t implement the most useful feature for a security cam. what a disgraceful company. They even removed the person detection now. Wyze team sucks

what’s even worst is most PC doesn’t have micro SD slot. We have to buy additional hardware to use it. such a pain.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

Please include fast forward or rewind button when we view playback videos. I hate the slider timeline. It’s so slow. I rather have rewind and watch instead of keep sliding slowly and slowly.

The problem they have run into is the way the current file management system is, in February they posted that they had issues due to that and last month they posted that they have not given up on it. Person Detection was removed because the company they were working with got purchased. They are currently beta testing the new in-house person detection and are slowly rolling it out.

2 Likes

Yes PLEASE add a fast forward/rewind feature… As has been mentioned it’s a pain in the glutes to be searching for a specific incident that might not have been captured except on continuous recording.

Fast Forward/Rewind is a great feature to have, definitely, but I am more incline to have a way of transferring the whole video recorded into the phone, so using a traditional player, allows you to look for the event, you can save it, and format the card, and move on

Never ever going to happen…
This Thread is older and less promising than my old Girlfriend…
Need I say more… When PIGS FLY

1 Like

So sad that a company - WYZE - that claims to be so consumer centered, abandons us in pursuit of profits with new product roll-outs. I can’t see a scenario where a reasonable funding would not solve this major issue in the player. WYZE just does not want to invest.

Wyze Cams really need a fast forward/reverse on playback. It isn’t always practical to pull the SD card and view it elsewhere.

When will this need be fulfilled?

1 Like

Also maybe instead of a button, when the user double taps left/right side of screen to rewind/skip video. This would greatly help users from skipping too far forward or backwards.

Looking forward to this too

Did I miss something or is this thread older than dirt and never going to happen? at least not to our cameras we have.

When I bought my Micro SD cards, they came with and SD card adapter so you could see your Micro SD cards on your computer. It plugs into the regular SD slot.

And what’s wrong with a smart sprinkler? You should know this by now, Wyze is a smart home company not specifically cameras.

Nothing at all! A smart sprinkler sounds like a great product actually. :slightly_smiling_face:

Just every so often it occurs to me that assigning Wyze staff to create new products means that all of the Wishlist items are just that much less likely to happen any time soon.

I definitely understand any company’s need for continuous new income streams, and that “nine women cannot make a baby in one month”, but yesterday was an especially annoying day needing to save footage that happened between recorded events. Ended up back on the ladders fetching SDcards yet again, so the “FF/RW” and “SDcard access” nerves were a bit raw.

Wyze cams are a great value for what they were when I bought them, I just need to remember that Wishlist items are just that, wishes, and not promised fixes or upgrades.

But your sarcastic post insinuated that wyze is ignoring this wish, and others. If you’ve been around as long as I have (hell, I was the 1st response to this thread) you would know that wyze has added a lot of new features, many that were on the wish list. Just check out the road map and filter on launched.

Back to the subject, it has been stated numerous times in this thread that the issue they have is with their file management system. With 1400+ votes and almost 2 years of requests, I’m sure wyze would have added this feature long ago if possible.

No worries! I’ll step away from the sarcasm. Me being an educated donkey rarely helps a situation anyhow.