Fast Forward/Rewind (and other scrubbing alternatives) In SD Card Playback

Ah ok thanks. I’ll have to look at some of the apps that I have to see if they have those options as well. As a photographer, I’ve done that, I just didn’t know it was called that.

Glad to help

This is one of the things I most want on a V3 cam. Without it, playback is essentially useless for the obvious reason that it’s too hard and too time consuming to find anything. I can’t believe Wyze made such a huge mistake as not having fast forwarding in playback to begin with.

2 Likes

3x speed for events

This would be a great speed for me , as 4x speed is too fast !

Is this ever going to be implemented?

2 Likes

I sure hope so. Some of my chickens keep getting out and I’d like so much to be able to have those features so I can get to the timelines quickly. Just had another one escape and am slowly looking for the footage.

Fast Forward during Micro SD Playback

I would love to be able to fast forward during memory card footage! I have a dog marking in the home and most time the events don’t catch it because it happening in the living room where there is a lot of motion happening. (4 animals total) so instead of clicking through hundreds of events- it would be so much easier to just playback footage at 2x or 3x in the timeframe in which I think the incident happened! PLEASE add it!

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

2 Likes

Yes, that’s something I voted for, too. I was just in my playback this morning looking for something and the only way to get any kind of fast forward/backward was to hit the ±30 icon really fast a bunch of times to take me back or forward 30 seconds with each click.

1 Like

Yeah I use that too but when I’m looking for a specific 3-5 second the +30 seconds doesn’t help much!

1 Like

Yup, so true! I’m sure they’re working on many different things that we’ve all asked for. I know it takes time to work them all out.

Slower speeds for playback of video

In the Wyze app for playback of video we have faster x2, and x4. How about some slow speeds (1/2, 1/4), or frame-by-frame advance while in pause, to be able to catch an important detail of interest?

Jeff

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

2 Likes

Fast forward playback in basic service!

Please introduce fast forward playback of continuous video in the basic subscription.

1 Like

Just got the Wyze Pro V3 today. I was excited because it teased a new interface. After playing with it, all they appear to have done is turn the timeline vertically instead of horizontally which is great for scrolling with your thumb. They also added markers whenever there is motion which is a big plus! But sadly scrolling through the timeline is not smooth.

As you scroll it says loading until you let your finger up then there is a second to load (faster than before) but still you do not get any sense of rewinding or fast forwarding. You are basically jumping around with no real sense of fine tuning the footage.

I’m so sad!!! Maybe I need to play with it more but I was so anticipating we were actually getting rewind/fast forward in this new camera. How is everyone else’s experience?

1 Like

I also ordered one and it’s supposed to be on the way and I ordered an outdoor enclosure for it.

I’m excited but I cannot really say that I am optimistic given the companies past performance I will play with it and see how it does, the only thing that interested me about the new camera isn’t the spotlight. I’ve got all the lights I need, but it was the ability to download the video and record directly to your own device as opposed to having everything go through the iCloud as far as I’m concerned, the iCloud is a convenient bottleneck and that’s all it is

1 Like

I got mine this evening. I quickly set it up to view the back yard and was immediately surprised at the clarity! I didn’t have much daylight to play with so I set it up in the chicken run so I could test out the spotlight early in the morning before the sun comes up.
But yeah, it did seem to have a little lag time when I first got it set up. But it seems to be ok now. I don’t have a card in it yet. Will do that tomorrow. Hopefully something will move around out there so it’ll capture an event for me.

1 Like

But we can already download/record directly to our phones with the other cam. What am I missing?

You aren’t missing anything. The SD Recording feature is the same as it is in the V3: Continuous or Motion Activated SD Recording. Still records in 1 minute indexed MP4 files just like before.

The UI has changed, as noted above, to a vertical scroller with superimposed icons indicating times when AI Tagged events occur, but the icons are not clickable selections, just visual time markers.

It was mentioned some time ago after the V3Pro was announced that Person Detection Events in the Events tab, when there is no CamPlus Subscription, would “link” to the SD Card footage, but I haven’t seen yet if\how the UI is going to handle that. It may again be the same SD Card Playback Icon that does this now in the V3 rather than launching an event directly to SD Playback.

1 Like

I’m seeing the icons show up in the timeline too. But they aren’t very precise. I’m also noticing when you try to fine tune a location in the timeline, sometimes when you jump back and forth the timeline will fight you a bit and keep kicking you to an already viewed spot in the timeline. I presume this is because that section is already cached but its frustrating when you are trying to make tiny adjustments.

One thing I did appreciate in this update, if you get a notification and the event is still happening you it will show you the live feed instead of waiting for the clip to finish. Maybe that was existing before but I like that touch.

I feel like they are really trying to push clips as being the only way to review activity. Sadly clips don’t capture everything and are not that reliable.

2 Likes

Do you expand the timeline (reverse pinch it)?

Did you mean download directly from the card rather than from the cloud? If that’s what you meant, sorry I got confused.