Fast Forward/Rewind (and other scrubbing alternatives) In SD Card Playback

Any update on this feature, @UserCustomerGwen? We need it badly! :smiley:

1 Like

up date is you not getting it unless you pay for cam plus

@UserCustomerGwen its been 10 days just checking in to see if there’s any movement on this

Don’t hold your breath
It not going to happen

They don’t care! Now that they have all their other products… we’ve been left flapping in the wind. :joy:

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse the brevity, spelling and punctuation.

But even the cam plus version isn’t sufficient enough, we need a major update to how playback works

1 Like

[Mod Edit] pay them $1.25 A month and you’ll have fast forward and rewind how much free [ Mod Edit] do you really want

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

It’s not about wanting free [bleep]. I pay for Cam Plus, but that doesn’t help because it only provides fast forward for events. When I know something happened sometime in the last eight hours and I want to find out what went down, it still requires me to stare at the screen for eight hours.

2 Likes

I agree, @TokyoJim. If the feature also included fast forwarding through video on the memory card I’d pay for Cam Plus on all my 9 cameras. Hopefully they will add it someday.

I’ve given up on trying to find footage. We have a camera in a high traffic area by our back door and just today we wanted to find an incident with our dog which of course the camera didn’t capture as an event. Literally impossible to find with these controls.

Cam plus or not we need better.

Its even more sad that they don’t care! This is something they said they are working on (more than a year ago) and would rather put all time and effort into new products. They are losing so many customers because of this simple fix.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse the brevity, spelling and punctuation.

Yes I’m looking elsewhere for a camera with better software sadly. Its just been too many times I’ve needed to review footage and I need this to work. Anyone have any recommendations?

Sure call a company
That installs surveillance systems they will install cameras that have zoom pan and rotate They have fast forward and rewind and you could do anything you want except that gonna cost about $4000

[Mod Edit] I have a couple ring cams and it worth the storage cost to have the ability to actually find what you’re looking for! Several good cams on the market with lower prices and the ability to find stuff.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

All I can say is BS… there are plenty of cameras that are cheap and have all those features . You are wrong wrong wrong…

Folks let’s not get into name calling, all entitled to opinion. Maybe nypconsult sharing learning lesson from spending too much on previous system.

The point is if there was a game of Wyze Family Feud, with security camera features as the category, “fast forward” “rewind” (old school terms for scrubbing) would be in the top 5 answers. The bottom line here is Wyze is always claiming to offer the best features at value pricing, and they haven’t delivered here. Full stop. I entered this forum because I had to sit through hours of video to look for a missing teenage girl. If that is not enough for Wyze to care, not sure what is.

There are literally hundreds if not thousands of camera options out there. Some are ‘eufy’, 'blink, ‘ewelink’, ‘tp-link’ etc…

Wyze is just a reseller of already available products, mostly from china. They’ve not brought anything new to the market and they also are extremely proprietary. I would pray that they Change their business plan to become more open.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$is that a clear enough answer for you… Sorry about the missing teen, hope she was found safely

Your shouting here with the caps locks on will get you nowhere… your off topic.

And we are now down the rabbit hole. I’m out of this thread. You make great products, but good luck Wyze, this is fundamental functionality.