Fast Forward/Rewind (and other scrubbing alternatives) In SD Card Playback

This is definitely needed! I suggest 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x, and 32x. Also, add a “rewind” option.

10 Likes

I also find it hard to scroll through the playback to a specific second in time because the timeline scroller is so sensitive. A little jerk will move you off several seconds! So adding a rewind and fast forward button is definitely desired! I have a Nest Hello doorbell, and when you are scrolling through the timeline in their app, the video also updates/refreshes while you scroll so it’s easier to find the clip you want.

If you “pinch-out” on the playback timeline, it expands it so you can pick a particular second much easier.

3 Likes

I’ll just repeat this.

I’m told I can pull the microSD and do this, but it’s ridiculous to sneaker-net files off a WiFi connected device.

2 Likes

Let’s have at least 2 playback speeds. Maybe 4X and 10X.

2 Likes

Here’s the Roadmap topic on this:

@OverWatch… I see you already voted for it, but perhaps this will help others remember to jump over there and vote for it too. (You must click the VOTE button at the top for your vote to count.)

4 Likes

Oh I didn’t know that! That’s a special feature that’s not common and easily discovered

3 Likes

I think it pops up the first time you launch the app. Also mentioned here:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019931651-MicroSD-Card-Continuous-Recording-Playback-Timelapse

2 Likes

When? It’s becoming a hassle. Why not launch an external player for the time being. This is my biggest problem with Wyze.

4 Likes

This is a handy feature I just learned today. In addition, it would be great to have a little more control of the timeline. A “jump forward 10 seconds” and “jump back 10 seconds” like on the Netflix app would do it.

6 Likes

Hi Guys, bear with me as this is my first post here. I have started using wyze cam recently and liked it a lot. While using it, I saw a need of a feature for which you have all pointers.

Issue: Currently, if there is an event triggered which is a false one, but another positive happens within a span of a min, it is not recorded in events but can be seen in the SD card with setting of “record events”. But the problem is we wont know if something happened after that false event triggered, OR we need to see the whole day recording.
To overcome this, is there a way we can get a short 3-5 min video of the whole day which is just a summary of all recorded events from SD card, but is shown on a faster scale so that we can watch it faster and if needed to investigate more, we can see the time which is of some interest and can go and check that in detail in SD card. If it is not available currently, it could be added as a feature in next releases. The same can somewhat be achieved by time lapse but that always records everything no matter if any motion or not.

3 Likes

I would love better playback features on the app that allows precise time selection when viewing video playback. It is very difficult to choose a precise time to start viewing video playback using the current scroll bar. It would be nice to be able to input a precise time (as accurate as 1 second) to start playback.

Also, it would be very nice to playback video at a faster speed (2x, 4x, 8x speed playback, etc.). This would make it much easier to review footage without actually having to watch every painful second of video.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Mike,

When you get the timeline to the approximate time, put two fingers on the timeline and spread them apart (pinch out gesture). The timeline will zoom in, giving you much finer control of positioning.

1 Like

Fun fact: When selecting a time in Playback for a V2 in app v.2.0.21, the little popup black mm:dd:yy, hh:mm:ss AM/PM window is in 12 hour when viewed in portrait, but 24 hour when landscape (full screen) mm:dd hh:mm:ss.

2 Likes

Thanks, OverWatch! I made a bug report for this. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

+100 on all suggestions to make playback usable! Along with ability to fast forward/rewind…how about being able to jump to triggered events as well. I get a notification & 12 seconds of video when UPS guy pulls into driveway, so if I could go into playback & jump right to the event that initially triggered…and then I can watch continuously to see what he did. Nice & easy. Today I spent 10 minutes trying to find that 40 seconds of video.

5 Likes

sorry if this has been covered. Just bought the Pan Cam and so far like it… Was wondering how I can watch motion parts only or at the very least fast forward without having to watch the whole non motion recording… I’m using the sd card if that makes any difference… Any help/ suggestions would be appreciated… Again, sorry if this was already covered… Kinda new to tech…

Someone suggested just linking from the event directly to the exact spot in the video timeline and I think that is brilliant!

1 Like

I summarized several great ideas I think you might like. The thread is full of great ideas.

1 Like

I was wondering if 10 second fast forwarding feature can be added to playback viewing as double tab on a video just like in youtube when you double tab on video it forwards the video by 10 seconds would be very helpful and would made a playback viewing a-lot easier.