False notifications

I am getting a lot of false notifications. The camera is setup in my RV and pointing down to the floor to detect mice. It appears that the IR is causing the pattern on the floor to move and trigger a notification. It is annoying. I have turned the sensitivity down to zero and created small zones but it continues so

I have shut down the PIR so it doesn’t consume all of my data.

You may have better luck if you can change the angle of the camera relative to the floor.

Can you show us a screenshot with the lights off?

Here a screenshot before notification

Here are two during notification

I am thinking about doing that but it is an hour drive to get there so it will be a while before I try. Sorry about the critter in the image.

Interesting.

I would place a mat there, not sure a better angle would alleviate the problem, so, just get a el-cheapo mat.

1 Like

I ended up getting a new camera and placed it in the same location. It is not giving false notifications. I placed the other one on the floor and it hasn’t given any false notifications. It must have have been infrared ghosting than the new one. I am planning on sticking another one under the RV to see where the mice are entering. The magnet will stick easily to the metal frame of the RV.

2 Likes

The number of false motion detection alerts has gone from bad to worse to the point where it’s rendered useless. In the past I would get two or three a day, that number has increased at least 10 fold since recent app updates. This needs to be addressed and fixed.

Welcome to the community, @Ldlong. Can you please describe in more detail what the issue is you’re experiencing? Please also specify which OS version your device is using, the app version and firmware versions. Also please include the settings you have for the device (Wyze Cam, Pan, or Sense) you are having problems with. :slight_smile:

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, please file a Support Request. Depending on the nature of the problem, rather than use the website link, it is helpful to submit an App Log and/or a Firmware Log.

This problem relates to Wyze Cam Pan, firmware version 4.10.3.108, app v2.5.30, motion is being detected when there is no discernible motion in the video clip and sensitivity is set to lowest setting. This sensitivity setting seems to have no affect under any circumstances, past or present. The problem used to be confined to a few times a day, since the app has been updated to the Person Detection feature it occurs 10 fold even though I don’t have this feature enabled. When I do enable it NO motion of any nature is detected.

1 Like