Face Recognition use

@WyzeShawn @WyzeJasonJ @carverofchoice

Still testing, but wanted to share my findings so far.

Last night I removed the Porch and Driveway Cam from CamPlus via the iPhone. I then added it back in, also via the iPhone, and set Facial on the camera’s. I now have the following camera’s, with facial recognition, and have been removed and added back via an iPhone.

• Garage v2 camera
  • Garage v3 camera
  • Driveway v3 camera
  • Porch v3 camera
  • VDB

All seem to be reporting facial recognition now as you can see in the images.

Here is what I believe the problem could be

There may be a bug with the Android App when assigning AI preferences.

1. Facial Recognition Menu choice on the Accounts page is indented where as on iOS it is not. Here is where I posted it: 2.24 Wyze App RC Test 8/25/2021 - #22 by spamoni4

2. I tried removing the cameras from CamPlus and then adding them back in, via my Android device, with no luck. Did the same process with the iPhone, as stated in the beginning of this post, and it seems to be reporting on face now. I have 4 more cameras to do, and will try to do it later this afternoon - but I will utilize the Android device first to confirm my suspicions again. Unless Wyze found something and corrected it. :slight_smile:

3. A new face added to the facial page allows you to set a name to it. This can be done via the event or in the facial recognition menu option. However, after about 2 minutes, iOS will simply switch the event to Motion and Android will blank out the name. Please note, I did the name setting on the Android device not the iPhone, so I believe it is related to the Android as well and the saving of the Meta Data.

I know I need to do more testing, but it is becoming apparent that it may be related to Android and not iOS. It could be related to how the Meta Data is being stored or sent for storage. Speculation on the Meta Data. However, it is a bit strange that the issues only occur when I use the Android Phone to setup the AI preferences as well as assigning a name.

More to come later…

2 Likes