Extend duration of livestream via Alexa to more than 10 minutes

I was having lots of connectivity issues trying to test since you mentioned it working. Rebooted the camera and all of a sudden I got alerted a new device had connected to my network, “ Generic Brand Vendor: Tianjin Henxinhuifeng Technology”.

I blocked this device and proceeded to test. The Wyze app could connect to the camera but the Echo Show couldn’t as long as I kept this device blocked. I unblocked this new device and it started working on the Echo Show. Now to see how long it lasts.

I’d like to understand more about this and hope Wyze chimes in here on the underlying changes.

3 Likes

40 odd minutes and still going. I am guessing something changed. Going to try my Ring Video doorbell now.

No such device popped up on my Alexa that I saw. Will have a poke around and see. Would be nice to know if this was intended or just serendipity.

It wasn’t on Alexa just on my home network. I monitor all connected devices and it now shows two devices associated for the camera. Really odd, not sure if it’s because it’s a pano camera or not. I need to reboot the other camera and see if it does the same thing.

Have you guys updated your Wyze app on your phone’s? I heard that once you do, person detection is gone BUT I’m also wondering if the update has anything to do with the echo show not timing out?? I noticed it yesterday and it was past the 10 minute mark but it also kept buffering a lot…

I can confirm the 10 minute limit is still in effect for Ring and Arlo devices but it appears Wyze is no longer constrained. And yes I updated all my cameras firmware and I am running the latest Wyze Beta app on iOS so it could be that.

1 Like

Nest is also no longer constrained to the 10 minute limit. Both Nest and Wyze appear to timeout after some time (not sure how long, but it looks like it’s somewhere around the 30 minute mark)

TInycam Free version has no time limit, and can be launched via Alexa with the command “Launch Tinycam on “FireTV” (or whatever you’ve named it)”. It will also display multiple cams (with 4 being the upper limit before overheating and crashing out of tinycam on a standard FireTV stick).

Tinycam , is what it is , but with all due respect , Tinycam is not the topic of discussion in this thread

1 Like

I have been monitoring this scenario , and what I saw was max , 15 minutes and it timed out, with 4 or 5 , short buffering in between

I had my back deck Pan Cam display via an Echo Show V2 for 45 minutes with no buffering or interruptions. I stopped it at 45 minutes to test an Arlo. Going to try a V2 overnight and see what happens.

1 Like

I’m running with fire TV, may be different, maybe not , we will see :thinking:

1 Like

I thought the topic was viewing a cam for longer than ten minutes via voice command through Alexa.
“Extend duration of livestream via Alexa to more than 10 minutes”

TinyCam is , always a separate issue

Seperate from what? Working? Doing what the OP wants to do? The fix is so free and easy, it’s probably why the issue with Alexa directly has never been addressed. This is after all a 6 month old thread.

TinyCam is a third party app , that is separate from Alexa and separate from the wyze application, and Tiny Cam was not the topic of discussion

Extend duration of livestream via Alexa to more than 10 minutes

Alexa being the keyword here :roll_eyes:

What is Wyze beta?
I’m on 4.9.5.36 version, that’s the latest right??

The latest beta information is here

1 Like