Every Time with Cam Plus

It’s been a lot longer than that.

Hopefully those will be removed soon. It’s a PIA to have to go in and delete those so I can scroll through any of the recordings.

I noted that there was one that was 29 seconds with the fail to upload but that was one of that length of clip in almost 24 hours. All the others that give the error are less than 12 seconds. Not sure why these events are even trying to upload but then I’m pretty tech stupid. Just so @UserCustomerGwen can share with her team that it isn’t all clips now that I know what to look for. Although I did have a lot of clips less than 12 seconds in my events tab.

Oh and yes I know that there will be no one available today with the product announcement, whatever that will be. Just wanted to touch base on this in case someone is following along.

Here’s another development. Now the cams that are subbed to Cam Plus and in a group have stopped recording to the cloud. I know that there is movement and I also know that they are recording as the cams focused on the same area (that are not subbed to cam plus) are recording to the cloud. Can’t these issues be fixed once and for all or should I just go back to my phones as cams and another streaming service for private broadcast?

There is still no resolution to this issue. I have sent in a ticket. I have talked on the phone. I have gone into chat (all while Mom was napping) and I still am not able to view many of these events. And you want me to buy the V3 which may also have these same errors?

I’ve seen several ‘failed to upload’ errors also, the last one of significant length was 50 seconds, person detection tagged, thumbnail visible, event before and after of the same activity play back fine. Obviously it made it to the cloud, it has the person tag, I tried to update my support ticket with logs from it but ticket had been closed, all they had suggested previously was to make sure I had the latest firmware, latest app, restart the app, access the camera from another network…
Maybe it is my network, but seems light they just copy and paste from a script, either the logs are useless or no one looks at them.

The latest is that some cams (and this was confirmed by tech team on phone last night) is that some cams will stop recording to the cloud if subbed to Cam Plus. They say it’s a known issue and be patient but never tell when it will be fixed. I find it odd that my cams record to the cloud when I sub to Cam plus but when I untick and have no active subs (but the licenses still there) the cams start recording again. I really feel that this is very poor customer service. Yet they still continue to release new products without fixing the errors and glitches of the existing products. Reminds me of Origin and Sims 3/Sims 4.

No I will not buy any more of their products til this is resolved. Why pay for another cam or whatever that will also give me the same glitches. $20 for me buys 2 weeks of groceries from Aldi

I had one of those last night as well. 50 seconds long, person detected (it was actually a raccoon but we won’t go there right now). I too sent a log. Seems they have no intention of fixing this. And my recent issue with the Cam Plus not uploading to the cloud. Not sure if anyone on the forums are having that but I"m seeing a lot on Facebook show logs that they can’t upload to the cloud anymore and most of them have Cam Plus. I just wish they’d fix these errors before releasing more products. Pull the people working on new products to answer phones and into the tech team. Either that or open up to more people to beta test so that people who are a bit tech challenged can give feedback. If I was more tech savvy I would be going with a $500 system not a $20 plug and play cam (albeit a good cam when it works well). I don’t pay for Cam Plus to have to rely on my SD card. I hope Wyze reads this.

Well the errors returned so nothing was accomplished. I just don’t understand why they can’t fix this situation. I’ve read through posts here and on Facebook, even read comments by forum mavens and it seems this is a common issue. This has been ongoing since CMC which is a year now so why they can’t pull a few people to look into this is beyond me. Yes I understand there is a pandemic but still, there has to be some kind of resolution. Otherwise if the product doesn’t work customers will move onto a product that does work.

I haven’t been paying much attention to my Pan and v2 since summer as the firmware then (that makes the Pan super sensitive) was extremely buggy. Since PD → Cam Plus and my setup in the summer, Motion Detection + Motion Tagging + Detection Area + Cam Plus and I have a few visitors in the last two weeks claiming to show up but I didn’t get a notification, the video didn’t uploaded and no entry in SD card, I started to pay attention and the cameras have NOT been working as expected! They are all running on the latest firmware, when I stand directly IN FRONT of the camera, ones with CAM Plus sub. it DOES NOTHING! No motion tagging, no motion/PD, NOTHING… Is this still a buggy firmware? has ANYONE successfully had any of the Cam Plus enabled camera working as expected? what Firmware are you on? Thanks

Cheers,

Only if you do the beta and then DO NOT test the AI. I was testing beta, which corrected the fail to upload and missing fragment errors. Then stupid me went back to the public release so that I could test the AI coming out which totally bricked one of my cams and I can’t even get it reset to factory condition.

that sounds…
so thinking positively, it’s safe to assume that beta means a more stable/working firmware is coming to public release? I honestly don’t mind testing but will undergo shoulder surgery this Friday so it’s unlikely I will be tinkering with gadgets for some time… just want to get this thing to work as EXPECTED