Event Viewer - Swipe to Delete/Download

Welcome to the community, @McLeanJ101. For the second part of your request, that function already exists.

Swipe the events page upward to load 20 events at a time. Keep doing that until no more new events appear. You can select events to delete by tapping the […] menu dropdown in the upper right corner, and then press “Delete Events”. From this point, you can “Select All”, or select only the events you want to delete with the round radio buttons on the left.

1 Like

In Events, I’m looking at a long list of recorded events…

My thumb really wants to…

• Swipe left or right to delete an event without having to view the video.
  • Long press to access the option to Delete/Share/Download.
  • Change the sort order of events ascending or descending.

I can usually see enough in the thumbnail or time stamp that I don’t have to view an event to know I want to delete it, so the UI can make it easier to delete based on the thumbnail view.

In general, I find the UI confusing because the icons or buttons can be found in so many different locations. On the event playback screen, there are 4 icons at the bottom, and then three in the upper right of the video. Why not just include Share and Download as icons at the bottom?

My thumb has to fly all over the screen, and on a phone, it’s way easier to access buttons at the bottom than the top.

Also from the Event screen, to delete all events, the process is

• Far upper right menu button
  • Bottom center “Delete Events”
    -Bottom left “Select All”
  • Bottom right “Delete”
  • Center screen “Delete”

I understand that some designers think it’s helpful to have a consistent nav bar on all pages, but I think it’s more helpful to have contextual nav that offers the buttons relative to the given screen.

2 Likes

Please add a feature where you can swipe left or right on the events tab recorded videos so we can easily delete moments captured we don’t need and maybe swipe the opposite way to save the video to the drive. Without this, we have to click the video, wait for it to load, and then tap on the screen where the video is playing to see the download button, then click the button to save. Too many steps that can be easily bypassed if we already know what we want to do with the video without watching it.

Another way this can work is to long press on the event and maybe have a menu come up that lets you choose what to do with the recorded event video.