Error code no fragment

Restarting the camera (power cycling) has fixed the fragment error on my camera. Hopefully it will keep working. This is a crazy bug. :smirk:

1 Like

I really think it’s an AWS issue. Maybe they need to upgrade from the Economy to the Standard package.

2 Likes

I am getting same fragment error code and have tried restarting and updating with no resolution…appears this all started when I upgraded and like you said it’s only $2 a month but the service is useless if you can’t view any of the events…no help from support even though you reach out to them. Also I am having same sensor issue that someone else mentioned as reset and bought new sensors and work for an hour then show offline…guess if they can’t reach out to us and provide a resolution or at least let us know they are working on it then maybe I need to think of switching to another system as I have recommended Wyze to a lot of my friends and family…but right know I am frustrated with the service being provided.

3 Likes

And there you have it. If you can’t fix a problem let us know. Ignoring your users is disrespectful and shows inexperience. I’m old school and I know that good customer service and respect will win over even your most disgruntled customers.

4 Likes

I’ve had issues with the fragment error code since I upgraded the wco.

There’s a Wyze message saying that it was an api error but that it’s been resolved but that is far from the truth!! I’m just about ready to delete most of my Wyze cameras and invest in a Eufy video doorbell and a camera or two at this point!!

2 Likes

I have Eufy indoor cams that I use at a business. They are a whole lot better at person detection and can use up to 128gb card. Also you are not forced to use subscriptions to have person detection or longer videos.

4 Likes

I been having the same problem

Unplugging and plugging back in (restarting) worked for me.

1 Like

Thanks, restarting fixed the camera error message. Much appreciated because so far it’s worked well for me.

1 Like

I ended following your advice and the cameras are working for now…Thanks.

1 Like

Occasionally my events will still show the fragment error but restarting the cams helps a whole lot. Glad yours is working now as well.

2 Likes

Saw a notification from Wyze today they discovered root cause for “No fragment” error and are coding a fix; however, no ETA yet. Rebooting camera from the restart button in iOS app clears error for me (no data loss - can view recordings that previously provided error after restart)

1 Like

I am one of those who have this error occasionally. When that happens, I click the event 2-3 times and it works.

2 Likes

:+1: that usually works for me but tonight for some reason it didn’t so I tried restarting camv2 from the app and that did the trick (restart is fast ~1min)

2 Likes

It feels like a connection/timeout issue sending/pulling data and the software code doesn’t handle a retry or an undo and retry for at least one specific situation that’s occurring; therefore, when the end user restarts the camera or retries playing video multiple times this “manually” sends the retry and reconnects everything (hopefully, they’ve figured out the scenario that throws it into this state)

1 Like

Anyone who’s still having issues with this. The only thing that worked for me is to disable the Cam plus service on all cameras, log out of the app log back in. You’ll be able to playback any new events, but won’t be able to playback any previous events.

Are you turning Camplus back on after logging out/in? If not then you’re just seeing the 12 second clips right?

@nena1167 Welcome to the Wyze community! This issue is still under investigation and Wyze is working on a fix.

Just restart your cameras as necessary for a quick temporary fix.

Here is the update.
https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049160832

This bug has rendered my camera useless and it’s not encouraging that it has gone on so long. I’ve restarted my camera a dozen times to no effect for any of the lost 30 odd videos not captured. When can we expect a fix?

It’s on their to do list. In the mean time you can purchase a doorbell cam, thermostat, and headphones. :wink: