Error (code 3001)!

I may not buy another thing from then even after they take care of this. They have shown very little concern with this problem. And just keep pumping out more products.

2 Likes

I’ve been experiencing this for well over 6 months, kinda ridiculous since it only records for 3-4 seconds.

3 Likes

So this is what I’ve seen with my error 3001… it is only when i get a motion event on my v3. If i get a sound or a person detection. It plays fine. Maybe that will help them solve this issue since I dont think they know what their problem is… :disappointed:

1 Like

I won’t be buying anymore Wyze products ever.
They keep releasing all these new products and so many people are Wyze cheer leaders, can’t figure why…

1 Like

Wow I can’t believe this is still an ongoing issue with no support. I’ve had this issue going on what I believe to be a year now and it affects all three of my cameras. This error code essentially renders the cameras useless in my opinion since I have to be watching the cameras live to catch a full recording of an event.

Probably done with Wyze products

2 Likes

That will only help if they’re trying to solve the issue…

1 Like

I’ve been getting a lot less errors since the update a few days ago,

1 Like

Updating cameras now. Hoping for some improvement because right now I’m considering trashing the whole system and going to nest.

1 Like

I’m seeing less too. Buy still to many!

1 Like

Yes mine is back to normal, at least 50% of my notifications.

1 Like

Is that our new normal, errors 50% of the time? :thinking: My Nest cameras never fail.

1 Like

15 error 3001 events since midnight, 7 without the error.

1 Like

Mine stopped for a few days last week but they started back up and are still happening on over half of my events.

1 Like

9 events today from 5 cameras at 2 homes. All 9 received the error.

1 Like

I have 11 v3 cameras. All are getting error 3001, for months! I submitted logs to Wyze support several times. At first it was very lengthy emails back and forth “humbly asking me” to “kindly provide more info”, and eventually suggested to uninstall app, hard reset cameras, and such.
My most recent support logs simply got ignored.
And alas, the errors persist.

1 Like

Having this 3001 again. Last update it went away but now “IT’S BACK!” Submit a log like it tells you to but I get NO support! Wish I didn’t buy so many Cameras, as I would gone with something else!

Wyze ALWAYS tries the place the blame on the user. In this case it’s impossible to do that. Just to many people having the same problem. The cameras are fine. 3001 is not a problem with the cameras. It’s an issue with where we are retrieving our events from. And that is a problem that belongs to WYZE. At one point I would have recommended wyze cameras. Never again! Even if they EVER cure the 3001 problem. The way they have reacted to this problem is wrong. And I now will tell people Buyer Beware when it comes to Wyze products. They like to sell but have NO SUPPORT.

1 Like

Does everyone that is having the 3001 issues have an Android phone?
If so could that be the reason Wyze is taking so long to address this issue? (I think there’s more iPhones out there than Androids)

I have an Android cell, Android car deck, Apple just does not have the level of customization I require.

1 Like

Most people believe iOS finally overtook Android in market share within the USA sometime within the last 2 years. as of June 2022 iPhone had roughly 50% of the market, while Android was at roughly 40%. So it’s still pretty close.

Globally it’s not even close though. 2 to 3 times as many people have Android phones compared to iPhones.

Still, Wyze’s market is MOSTLY made up of US customers at the moment. It would be interesting to see stats on how many of their users use each OS. Based on other studies done on the average personality differences between iPhone vs Android users, I suspect Wyze has more Android users, however, I also suspect their iPhone users make up for it in having a greater number of devices/purchases than the Android users and are more likely to pay for Wyze’s subscriptions like Wyze wants.

An interesting topic though.

2 Likes