Doorbell ring light doesn’t turn on?

So I set up my VDP . And I noticed that the ring light would come on when I had the ai and motion notifications on but now that I’ve switched it over to only notify me when the doorbells been pressed, when I walk up to it the ring light doesn’t come on…

I thought that when the pir sensor detected motion the light would turn on…?

When I had ai and motion notice the light would come on but now that I’ve set it up to only notify me when the door bells been pressed the light doesn’t come on

I’m just wondering why it doesn’t come on . Since people may not know where to press when they walk up to it…

Why does my VDP ring light ONLY come on when I toggle on motion and ai event recording ?

If I set it up to only record when the doorbells been pressed then the doorbell light does NOT come on . Why?

If someone walks up to it , then the light doesn’t come on and defeats the purpose of the light telling them that a camera is their and on and Also indicates where the doorbell button is at so they know where to press …

Still no answer to this…

Why does the VDP operate like this ?

If I toggle on AI and motion event recording for the VDP , the blue led ring light around the doorbell button will light up when motions gets detected by the pir sensor

But if I turn off the AI and motion event recording , and set it to record an event when the doorbells been pressed the device will not illuminate the blue led ring light around the doorbell button .

This is not what I was hoping for , since I’ve read issues about how other users noticed that the doorbell button on the VDP isn’t visible to prople who do not know about the device it can be hard to locate the doorbell button . Since the light is not on and their is not doorbell icon button on the device like the first gen video doorbell camera…

I would’ve liked for the blue led ring light to illuminate even when I only have event recording set to record an event when the doorbell is pressed . Since I already have a v3 covering my front porch and only really need the VDP for when I get deliveries , neighbors, or visitors coming when I am not at my house.

This is not what I wanted . Now I’ve already been dealing with people showing up at my house who don’t know where to press to push the button …

Really would like the option for the blue led ring light to illuminate when motions detected by the pir sensor no matter what the event recoding is set to

This will be nice so people know theirs a camera recording them , and also at lest give them a general idea of where they can press the doorbell button .

Please give us that option

Still baffled by this . I am using my VDP wirelessly

I don’t quite understand this issue , but trying to get some attention to this matter.

If I have both AI and motion event recording turned on , for the VDP whenever it detects motion the led ring light will come on . But it u turn off ai and motion event recording and only leave the doorbell to record an event when the doorbells been pressed then the doorbell does not illuminate the led light .

This confuses me . I wound like for the VDP led light to come on when motions detected by the pir sensor regardless of how the event recording is set to .

To any other VDP users , does anyone else notice this ?

Why is the device set this way… I don’t understand it . Since I really only need my VDP for when I have visitors , deliveries , etc show up at my door when I am not their

And I would only like to set the VDP to record an event when the doorbells been pressed , the led light does NOT come on .

This has confused many visitors at my door. When I first set it to only record an event when the doorbells been pressed many did not know where to press the button for the doorbell.

Please can we get an explanation as to why it is the way it is ?

Since I always want the VDP led light to come on when motions detected by the pir sensor , I have had to set my device to ai event recording and no cooldown thus draining my devices battery significantly over a few days since my porch gets a lot of AI event traffic

Please can I get an answer to this

I believe the very short answer would be the light illuminates upon seeing motion. If you have the event recording turned off then it is not seeing an event. I would try messing with the sensitivity and turning it down so you do not get as many false events.

The doorbell light illuminates ONLY when the event recording is set to AI and motion events but when the event recording is set to only record an event after the doorbells been pressed then the light will NOT illuminate

Don’t take my word for it , try it yourself .

In the device details , this is what it says ^^

But it fails to specify that it’ll only turn on when the event recording is set to AI and motion event recording .

I’m using the device wirelessly so maybe that’s why to preserve the battery but I still would like the led light to illuminate when the pir sensor detects motion…

Not sure if the light illuminating every time whenever it detects motion would drain the battery…

Do you use your VDP wired or wirelessly?

I believe that it works as you said, I was trying to answer possibly why it does that.

I use 2, one wired and one wireless.

Yes it says ‘when motion is detected’ but turning the event videos off is basically telling it to ignore motion. That is why it is not lighting up.