I have numerous Wyze cameras. V2, V3, Pan Cam as well as a doorbell pro. I have no issues accessing livestream from any of these cameras except for the fact that I cannot connect to my doorbell pro livestream using the Wifi at my workplace (it’s a hospital). I believe somehow the doorbell pro livestream is blocked. My question is, how is the livestream data from the doorbell pro “different” than the livestream from all of the other cameras? And are there any way to get around this problem?
- All Wyze cams connect to my home Wifi router (an eero mesh system). I’ve got fast Wifi. All of the Wyze cams connect via 2.4GHz, whereas the doorbell pro is connecting via 5GHz.
- I have no trouble accessing livestream from ALL cameras if I turn off WiFi on my phone (Pixel 7 Pro) and use cell data at my hospital. However, when I turn on WiFi on my phone, and I try to connect to my doorbell pro livestream, it does not progress past step 1.
- All other camera’s livestream is viewable with my work WiFi.
- I can access ALL livestream on other WiFi networks when I’m away from home.
- I also cannot access the doorbell pro livestream with my iPad Wyze app if using the hospital WiFi.
- However, if there are any “events” recorded by my doorbell pro, I can view the events.
This seems really strange to me. Once the camera “stream” data is uploaded to Wyze’s servers, aren’t all the streams the same? No matter what camera it came from? I’m puzzled as to why it ends up being blocked by my hospital’s WiFi?