Doorbell camera & keypad door lock combo

I know Wyze is working on both a door keypad as well as a doorbell cam.

My wish would be to have these two products combined into one since a lot of people would like to install both.

Since the doorbell is wired this will also negate needing to have a battery for the keypad.

they are already hard at work on the keypad which is due to be released more than likely in april. being this far along in production sadly it might be a bit late to redesign both the doorbell AND the key pad. if they had been devloped in tandem that might have been a different story. best bet would be to play the keypad and doorbell by ear and see how you like them first. maybe they would be open to redesigns if the current builds have flaws.

1 Like

@Bam:

True, but this is something they should consider on their roadmap.

A door lock bundled with a doorbell cam/keypad combination would be a killer product.

All in one Door lock, camera, doorbell

Why not integrate three products into one. Door security lock similar to bolt lock, with fingerprint entry, timed, entry ect. A smart doorbell with options for a different chime for different people, or a motion sensor, having the chime mute automatically after certain hours, have separate chime receivers that can be placed in different areas for audible alerts and be able to control them separately. Or of course being using your phone instead, have the camera built directly into the lock so that someone can come to the door. Ring doorbell, you would get sn audio chime and /or notification on your phone. Camera activated you can see who is at the door on your phone. Then you can open the lock on the door. Or speak remotely to the person. Ect. But one product with door lock, camera, and doorbell integrated into one product

Yes thinking same thing Idea and I would add an optional snap on solar panel that help keep it charge. Also I don’t have one yet but thinking I have a couple small cabin/huts (just one door/entry-built into a bank) and need a way if the device fails (as all devices fail in time) that I can get it without tearing the door apart.

New product idea: take my money!

I REALLY want the now seperate lock bolt and video doorbell products to be combined into a single physical product. Lock, keypad, fingerprint, camera, doorbell, and chime all in one unit. Make the product and take my money!