Do I need CamPlus if I have an SD card in the camera?

The errors you are getting appears to be because you have a weak signal from your router. I get error 09 once in a Blue Moon and remedy it by closing down the app and doing a hard restart. After that, it’s fine. I had the other errors until I installed my Google Nest Web System and now, things run smoothly with no error codes. I use the micro cards and CamPlus because I don’t cate for the cool down times and want notifications always. I like using the cards because, if I lose my WiFi Internet for some reason, the cam still records on the micro card.

Sadly no it is not my router. I only have those errors on the cams that I buy Cam Plus on. Once Cam plus is removed voila the errors are gone. BTW: maybe you don’t know this but you can still view the cams live even with the wifi down. We lose power a lot around here and I still watch live on the app. Not sure if you knew that or not.

That’s awesome! Where did you get such a fantastic router? all the EE people are studying the wrong things.

Maybe you mean the internet is down but the WiFi is still up?

That’s what I was thinking! If the internet is down, but the WiFi router is still working, i can still view the cameras on my network off of the router. My Google Nest Web will allow me to do that without Internet.

Yes, I am guessing she means when the internet is down as it is impossible to watch them when the WiFi is down

Spectrum. I don’t know. Both the modem and router were down but I still was watching live. It didn’t auto click over to my hotspot. I’m just telling you what I see on my end is all and both router as well as modem were off.

Perhaps what’s going on is: A smart device, when no WiFi is available, automatically switches to broadband.

For that to happen, the smart device would have a SIM card in it.

Continuous 24/7 recording can also wear out an SD card. Most are better suited to random read/write activity.

My SD card has been recording non-stop now for two years with no ill affect.

1 Like

I was going through regular SanDisk SD cards in my Amcrest cameras. Tech support said they were not rated for continuous duty and they recommended the High Endurance line. I use that in my dash cams also.

1 Like