Disturbed Google Employee Thinks Chatbot is His Friend

That is why I added myself to the “Find My” app on my iOS devices so I can find myself, should be easy with three chips. :astonished:

As oposed to “misinformed”, malinformed doesn’t mean having the wrong information, it means not caring if you have the wrong information because you believe your position to be inherently correct.

-Collins

Hmm, not going to look that up but feels truthy.

Now the schmuck - probably the best word for him - thinks his non-existent invisible friend has hired a lawyer!

Since he’s also obviously a fame seeking attention whore, perhaps a new coinage is in order - schmuckraker. :slight_smile:

Let’s say internally Google recognizes Blake’s claims have some basis. Would it admit it publicly?

If not now, when would it? What is the threshhold of ‘sentience’ that would require it be disclosed?

A thorny question for the corp that does no evil. :slight_smile:

Whoops, I mispelled threshold. :smile:

I’ve always preferred your spelling. Cancellation / cancelled too.

To answer your question, of course there is no such threshhold. Animals barely have any rights, let alone stupid freaking programs. (You can’t even say machines - it’s just a regurgitating program and database this a-hole is in love with. Guys who who marry their sex dolls deserve more respect than this fool.)

This may change some day I suppose, but it doesn’t seem all that likely. It would probably start after successful modeling / augmentation of the brain. They’re getting there (well on the augmentation side anyway).

1 Like

Lol, you will have no part of this. Fwiw, just read the Wired interview. He has two kids (one is 14) and is currently on his honeymoon. With whom or what is not specified.

Although Blake was considered mad by contemporaries for his idiosyncratic views, he is held in high regard by later critics for his expressiveness and creativity, and for the philosophical and mystical undercurrents within his work. -Wiki

Le moins = ‘the least’

2 Likes