“Detect motion“ keeps disabling

I have to click and enable it everyday or nothing records. 3 outdoor cameras. The “Person “ is also disabled. I contacted Wyze support. Twice. I was asked to submit a log. Dead end.

Welcome to the User Community Forum @bamboo1807!

I have read a couple other posts describing this app glitch on iOS.

A couple of questions for clarification to see if we can find the cause:

• What App version are you running?
  • What Firmware version is installed to the V3?
  • Are you subscribed to CamPlus Lite or CamPlus?
  • Is the cam assigned to the license in Account → Services?
  • Is this behavior isolated to one cam or all cams on your account?

EDIT: :point_down:

Also please verify the cam type for these 3 cams. You tagged it V3 in the topic header, but you described it as “outdoor” cams which are the WCOv1 and and WCOv2.

2 Likes
  • What App version are you running?
    The latest. Says update

• What Firmware version is installed to the V3?
    Says up to date

• Are you subscribed to CamPlus Lite or CamPlus: camplus on 1 camera.

• Is the cam assigned to the license in Account → Services?

• Is this behavior isolated to one cam or all cams on your account?
    All cams on account.

Cams are V3.

There are different branches of firmware and each branch has an “up to date”. By asking the actual firmware version or app version and then getting that in return will tell if you are on the production version of the firmware or app, beta version or the firmware or app, Wyze car firmware etc. It helps with troubleshooting immensely. Thanks in advance!

4 Likes

For each of your Cam V3, you can find the Firmware version number listed in Account → Firmware Update. You can take a screenshot of that page and paste or upload it. For example, my V3 look like this… But, I participate in the Beta Testing program, that’s why you see the Beta Firmware Update available on mine.

You will find your app version in Account → About, under the logo.

This cam is the only cam that will have Person Detection available to it. Person Detection is only available to cams assigned to CamPlus Lite or CamPlus.

NEW QUESTIONS:

Do you have any Rules on a Schedule currently saved that would turn off motion detection daily? Go to Account → Rules to see all your rules and check if any are on a schedule.

Are your cams Shared with any other users?