Delay when streaming to Google device

I know many have mentioned the delay when viewing a video feed Visa the Google Assistant, but haven’t been able to find the answers to a few questions. Basically:

1. How long is the expected delay when starting to view a camera feed.
  2. What should the expected lag between real time and what’s shown in the video feed?
  3. Both seem to be 30-45 seconds or so for me Is this normal/expected?
  4. Is decreasing these lag times something Wyze is working on? Is instant & real-time a realistic goal?

As its functioning now, it’s definitely usable but a bit limited for time sensitive things like a baby monitor or a video doorbell. A quick starting, near real-time feed would make these use cases possible.

Thanks!

I use Alexa not Google but the video feeds to either my Echo Show or my FireTV run pretty close to real time most of the time. I would gestimate the delay is 3 to 5 seconds max. Normally closer to 3.

That said there are times the feed can take a long time or multiple tries to connect. These events are infrequent and I really don’t know what the cause is.

I will say Alexa has a MUCH harder time with my Ring Doorbell feed which is always about 5 to 10 seconds delayed and sometimes will not display for hours.

I know it’s not Apples to Apples but I think they are similar in terms of technology.

1 Like