Cordless vacuum won't suck

This just happened to me. I just 3D printed one and it fixed it. I am printing another right now that is a little thicker because it feels like there is just the slightest of gaps. I will let you know when I am done and take some pictures.

I will be selling them here: ideaxtruder - Etsy

They take a bit longer because they are printer out of TPU which needs to be printed slowly or it jams. I am thinking $8 for 1 and $15 for 2 which looks to be a little cheaper than those generic o-rings.

1 Like

It took me a few more tries to get it exactly how I wanted it and I had some other things come up. But my vacuum works as good as new now with the added bonuses of this not falling out every time you dump the dust and it being white make it really obvious that it is in place. Hopefully I will find time soon to take better pictures and get the Etsy listing up. That is always the hardest part of making new things.

2 Likes

There’s an incredibly rude joke to be made here but….

1 Like

The original gasket is a rubbery type material, so how can a 3D printed gasket seal? I thought 3D printing used a hard plastic material? But either way, can you make them in black as I don’t want a white one.

But I almost lost my gasket again for the 4th time. This is getting old and Wyze really needs to address this, because we shouldn’t have to! How did they not catch this issue during testing when it happens the first time you empty the dust bin!

3D printers can print rubbery type materials. I am printing these in a material called TPU. It probably isn’t as squishy as the original but I didn’t try to replicate the original. I designed something to seal it and solve the problem. TPU is much more difficult to print though. The printer has to be the right type (direct drive) and printing is much slower. It is like pushing a rope. So if you print too fast it will jam. If you look at the pricing of my other items you might thing that it should cost less but it takes 2-3 times longer to print than almost anything else I have. I primarily price things based on print time so I have the same incentive to print all my stuff. I try to keep it as reasonable as I can. I still make much less than my day job but it is fun to solve problems so I don’t mind that.

I normally make some youtube videos to show the stuff I make but I just haven’t gotten around to it yet.

As for the color I can print in back but I currently don’t have black in TPU. I can order some though. I thought I did a few months back but I can’t seem to find it so I probably put it in my amazon cart but never checked out.

So it sounds like your Wyze vacuum “sucks” … because it doesn’t suck.

I know, no help. But I couldn’t resist.

1 Like

I just checked on Bisssel battery, charge ttime is 8 hours with a run time of 15 minutes. At double the cost. I will stick with my wyze vacum as long as theye make the gasket available.

I have the same problem and just find out about the lost gasket at the bottom door. As such the vacuum lost suction.

Resistance is futile…

I have found removing the green filter housing out of the dust cup will restore the suction to full strength. With the housing out of the way, the vacuum can pull the dust trap door up tight again. The only downside is the HEPA filter gets dirty faster because it’s exposed, but it is a work around

It might be possible to, at least temporarily, use plumber’s putty.

I suspect, though,that you’ll end up reforming the makeshift ring every few openings.

Waho

Removing the green filter housing will not compensate for the lost rubber gasket on the door of the dust collection bin. If that gasket has fallen off during the emptying of the dust bin, it will have to be replaced. When a new gasket is obtained, put a drop of superglue at 12,3,6, and 9 o’clock positions to prevent the gasket from falling off again.

1 Like

I put some tape on when the gasket went missing. Not elegant but it works. Seems like a basic design issue.

1 Like

Yeah I agree. It is a design flaw. It could be solved in a few different ways if Wyze ever wants to solve it. The gasket I am printing doesn’t have the problem of falling out. At least I haven’t experienced it and no one that has bought one has reported it falling out.

1 Like

Kind of infuriating that Wyze hasn’t addressed this….

Yeah it is a frustrating thing that happens as companies get larger. I work for a start up that as we grow I want to fix problems but higher ups just want new features even though existing features have bugs. It is the mentality that they cant sell bug fixes. But they can sell new features. It is a pretty short sighted way of thinking though. If you are know for producing inferior products people will stop buying the new stuff as well.

very poor design. i have lost mine also. i am having trouble believing that a company could design something so flawed and then not offer a replacement gasket.

Contact Wyze support about it. They are offering replacements now as long as they have stock. I know several friends that have successfully received replacement rings from Wyze support. I don’t think there is a cost other than maybe a shipping fee.

I bought a replacement from Etsy for $8.

Remember, when you get your new gasket to apply a tiny drop of super glue at 12, 3, 6, and 9 position before installing the new gasket. Then the gasket will stay attached. You don’t want to go through this again.