Connecting base station (for outdoor cam) to TP-Link WiFi extender

I need to set up my second Wyze base station (for outdoor cam) to my TP-Link WiFi extender AC1750 (RE450) that is equipped with an Ethernet port. The extender is in the basement. I’ve determined that it CAN be done, but I’m unable to find detailed, step-by-step procedures to make sure I do it right the first time. I saw one post saying that it was attempted, and it caused the deletion of the connection to the user’s first base station, which was connected to his router. There was another post that emphasized the need to use a different phone (Android only?) for the connection to the WiFi extender. I’m not sure why. It isn’t clear to me whether or not the phone with the Wyze app must be connected with the extender during the setup process. My iPhone cannot detect the extender. Can anyone help with the step-by-step details? Thank you. Mart3

you don’t have to do anything special, just plug the base station into the extender, it wont know the difference, same as plugging directly into router

Ken, thank you. I did just that and it worked like a charm. The base station set up quickly. Had a problem with the new outdoor cam not accepting a charge, so I contacted customer support. After some checking (asking me to try several things), they agreed the camera was defective. To their credit, they were positive about everything and it was easy to follow their instructions. They also sent me a replacement camera, and it easily connected with the base station. Mart4