Cloud playback freezing/slowmo?

My vote goes to a flaky camera.

I have the same scenario: three V3s, one is a floodlight V3. The two V3s perform consistently, but the floodlight cam stutters. Frequently. Sometimes the video for a triggered event doesn’t make it to the servers at all. I’ve kept the firmware up to date and reboot the cameras every two weeks. ONLY the floodlight cam has ever had the issue.

Now some of you will say it’s the network connection. Extremely unlikely: the floodlight cam is about 20’ from the router, communicating through walls. The other two cameras are 30’ and 170’ – also through walls. Fiber Internet is run to the building. ONLY the floodlight cam exhibits this, and pretty consistently.

I truly believe it’s a flaky camera. I just can’t prove it without replacing the floodlight with another unit, or running an extension cord and placing a camera next to it.

(Wyze – I’d gladly accept a replacement floodlight!)

Actually, maybe it is NOT the camera. After posting on this thread I went back to an event yesterday that stutters. Yep - still stutters, same places in the clip every time I play the event back. Then I downloaded the clip to my phone (in the Wyze app) and guess what? The downloaded clip plays smoothly and completely every time. No skips or stuttering.

Is it my phone? Why just some clips, always on the same camera? Ok, so is it the Wyze servers? Everyone should be experiencing this occasionally at least, and why just select cameras?

So bottom line: I dunno. I’ll look into Habib’s Channel 6 suggestion next…

I spoke with Wyze Customer Service yesterday regarding the stuttering/skipping event playback. The rep told me that they, at customer service are waiting to hear from the Wyze engineer team that is currently working to resolve the issue. It is an issue that has been “IN PROGRESS” since the last firmware update (DEC) for Wyze Cam V3 among others.

It APPEARS that for those who have been able to reinstall the PRIOR firmware version have had success in eliminating the stutter/skip issue.

In the meantime like so many others, I have done every trick in the book from unassigning cams to restart, to unplug, to trying different outlets, to changing event and notifications etc, etc ,etc and nothing seems to be a permanent fix. NOT receiving notifications is also random.

Therefore, instead of spending my time exhausting all of the resources, tips and time on the phone with customer service who by the way is also frustrated with waiting for resolution, I have decided to wait it out. The video quality of the Cam plus V3 is excellent, the rule settings work great, the price and monthly subscription cost is very low compared to other brands that charge a lot more.

No it is not your phone or your phone provider or your internet or the wiring in your house. I believe it is an issue with the cloud and Wyze is aware of it. Some, actually ANY communication from Wyze stating that they are aware and are prioritizing resolution is long overdue.

Thank you for these insights, bsundqui! Helpful to know there is an identified issue being investigated (vs something on the consumer end).

I think you might be right. I am on a beta firmware 4.36.10.3896 and ever since upgrading to that version I get stuttering. Before I was on (also) beta 4.36.10.3836, and no stuttering.

Since firmware release 4.36.10.2700 (October 18, 2022), the root cause for many is this setting: