Can't show my cameras on my Google Nest Hub

That’s very strange. I would have assumed there would be no difference between a Nest Hub and Nest Hub Max. Have you tried saying the Camera’s exact name? For example, my V3 is labeled “Bonus Room” in the Wyze app, so when I want the Hub to display I say, “Show me the Bonus Room camera.”

Also, FYI: YOu can get the V2 on Ebay for $20 and that one seems to be much more stable (though I think it may have security flaws? not sure)

My description was inaccurate. The voice control DOES work a lot of the time. But there are many times when it does not. That is when I use the touch screen. Thanks for the note about the v2. I am giving up. After I had the cameras and began experiencing these problems, I thought it might be my wifi, so I bought a new Google mesh router with 3 points. I wish I’d kept the old Netgear.

For me the problem is with my outdoor cameras. my v3 are working fine at the moment. I only get the wyze cam logo in google nest hub screen from both of my outdoor cameras

Well ladies and gents, add me to the list of people that have issues with displaying video. Bought 2 V3’s and had them connected to Google Home and then set by room. On the Wyze app its obvisouly works. On the Google home app on the phone it tecognizes them but display anything. It tells me to use a device like a Chromecast or Home Hub. I manually and voice command my Google Home Hub to show me “X” room and it does tell me “Showing “x” room on (whatever my device name is)” then proceeds to load and around 5 secs it just gives me the Wyze logo in the middle. Will keep researching and if i find anything, “I’ll be back” like Cyberdyne Systems Model 101 or T-800 says… (Termiantor’s model number)

Update: 5 mins of searching and found that “The Wyze integration only works with Wyze Cam v2 and Wyze Cam Pan.” Stated by a Wyze rep as of March 2021 in

Problem solved, everyone!?!?!

So in all the boxes where it says works with Google assistant is false advertising? Did they forgot to recall the packaging and marketing terms… What a way to know that we are in wrong camera system. I bought a second nest hub display to setup a baby camera which is now useless. @Frederik is there a definite timeline on when the support will come back or we have to cut losses and return the equipment while we still can?

1 Like

I"m not sure why support would say that we are working with v2 and Pan. That seems like a very outdated information.
All video based devices should be integrated with Google Home. We have a technical issue right now with the Wired Doorbell, not the pro but the original one and this is an issue that should be fixed quickly. We have also an issue with some Outdoor Cam and the engineering team is looking at a solution.

As specifically about the support of Google Home App, v3 should be working as it is using WebRTC. I’m not sure why it is not working and I will ask Google to look into it. I will also let check with engineering and see if we had an issue with the WebRTC connections that could have produced that problem.

2 Likes

That’s assuring to know we could wait for fixes to come. Specially for my new v3 and floodlight cam, I get this error in nest hub “sorry something went wrong controlling wyze camera, please try again”. This is coming brand new cameras installed yesterday. Firmware upto date, unlinked and relinked all usual steps. 2 nest hubs shows the same. The Outdoor one at least loads and ends up with a logo in the screen. My old v3 which I bought a year ago somehow still works. Am scratching my head. Date of install plays a role in the issue. @Frederik please note above.

I’m seeing that the engineering team has been talking to AWS about some WebRTC issues. I would need to talk to more people to get confirmation that we have some level of service issue and being able to quantify the problem.
I will reach out to Google also because they have more visibility on the sessions.

The support article is going to be updated today to reflect the proper information. Right now, it is outdated on a couple of points.

I have no issues displaying Cam v3 streams using Google Assistant. Using voice > GA > GH > Chromecast > TV.

I gave another try on the floodlight cam and its now showing up in google next hub fine.
My outdoor cameras are still showing only the wzye logo in middle.

This is inline with expectation. I mean, the changes at AWS was expecting to fix the problem with the floodlight because it is related to WebRTC. The outdoor cam does not use WebRTC so the problem is not addressed by that change. Engineering is still working on the fix for the outdoor cam casting on Google It is working properly on Alexa. So this is something specific to Google. I’m working with Google on that issue also at the same time.

@Frederik, while you are working on that issue, I just want to take this opportunity to THANK YOU WYZE TEAM for fixing the app when used on an iPad/iPhone so it jumps to Landscape mode when we turn the device landscape.

We’ve been wanting to see this for a long l-o-n-g time. And it works. But I have not seen any comments THANKING THE WYZE TEAM, so it needs to get out there for you guys to know we appreciate your work.

I have tried everything i can think of. I have reinstalled the Wyze app. I reset both my v3 cams. I recently had to reinstall everything on my mobile (phone exchange) and still, no change in ability to view my cams on my Google Home. Same goes for my Lenovo, so it has to be on the Wyze side.
Please refer to screen caps for what happens when I try to add Wyze to Google Home.

Dear god, this forum software is horrendous, too.

@Frederik Does wyze cam pan v2 also uses webRTC? In general all the latest wired cameras use webRTC?

Yes, Pretty much all the new cameras are using WebRTC. Cam Outdoor is a little bit special and still rely on that older system we had in place ( RTMP → MPEG-DASH).

1 Like

@katillac You are doing the right sequence so assuming you are using your Wyze account with all the devices and not maybe an older account with no devices, you should see all your devices in the Google Home App.
If you can confirm that you are using the same credentials, then you should file a defect with support so engineering could look at the issue.

1 Like

Any updates from @Frederik on this issue with the v3 cameras? I just received my bundle of the Nest Hub and v3 camera. Camera works fine on my phone but when I try to show the camera feed on the Nest Hub it’s only a black screen with “Live” showing in the upper corner.

I thought we had resolved the v3 issue. We had a short issue yesterday with Google and WebRTC that could have impacted other services too. It was resolved quickly but it might be worth trying again to make sure that you were not caught in that issue.