Can I simply use this camera with an SD card? Do I have to do anything special?

But it is related to one of the replies to the OP.

Perhaps reading the entire sentence would provide context. While using the word ALL, it refers to the cam and it coming with a trial. The word OR refers to either of the two possible options of trials that have been mentioned. And, I did clarify it with “this may have changed recently”.

Your quoted text only included a soundbite, not the entirety of the statement.

1 Like

I see. Thanks for clarifying. I misread your statement in that context. :pray:t3:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Wyze Cam Outdoor SD Playback

I just purchased a Wyze Cam V3 to replace my V2 that I subscribe to Cam Plus with. I was forced to signup for a trial subscription on the new V3 but it replaced my V2 so why can’t I just assign the paid version to the new camera? I read somewhere that I will be automatically put in the paid subscription after the trial period. I don’t want to pay for a camera I no longer use but don’t know how to cancel the trial and assign the paid subscription to. Any ideas?

You won’t be converted over to a paid subscription at the end of the trial, it will just expire and you will loose the CamPlus features. You will also get a ton of reminders and pokes from Wyze to sign up for CamPlus.

You should be able to unassign the cam from the trial license and assign the cam to the paid license whenever you want. Account>Services tab.

Just make sure you delete the old cam from the app and verify that it is no longer assigned to a CP license sub first.

Thank you for the quick feed back. I feel better now that I won’t be automatically enrolled into the paid version. I unchecked the paid version on the V2 cam and also deleted the camera from my app. Although I have 4 cameras I only use the one covering my driveway for security so I only need one CAM PLUS subscription.

As a footnote I’m so impressed with the V3 I"m going to replace two more cameras. The video in the dark of night is awesome.

Jp

1 Like

So after the delete of the V2, you should now have a paid sub license in your CP tab to assign to any one of your 4 cams.

The V3 does have impressive starlight color night vision. I have 3 w\ IRNV off on starlight pulling from distant street lamp ambient light and 7 on IRNV B\W.

Just a note… The V2 is still a sought after cam with resale market value. There are those here who still look for them on eBay and Marketplace. If it is still functional, I am sure someone would want it.