Camera plays a sound (eg. siren) on motion or on demand

it will be enough and will do the job just fine, then immagine you multiply that audio snippet for as many cams you have. Last but not least night sound propagation seems louder because at least 90% of day noise is not present, so any noise will be bigger !!

1 Like

I think we are all in agreement that this is a software fix and should be relatively easy. And yes, if it can play through all wyze cams we have the sound multiplies. Even if we have to push the button for each camera 1 at a time, it works. I have 6 cams 1 in each room.

Please Please put this on the top of the list. Something easy and I can return my Bosma 1 and by 2 more wyze.

I only bought Bosma 1 for the alarm!

1 Like

Can we change the heading to "Cam plays sound file when you push a button on your phone screen in the wyze app. Not play the sound file when detection.

Also if we can merge this with “can we add a loud siren to the cam” which I had posted?

TY

@1tester,

I modified the title of this topic.

The siren has the implication of separate hardware, so Wyze wants to leave it separate.

Thank you Loki

1 Like

Yes, please.

With an option to select number of repeats.

Yes this all could be controlled by a software edit! And bc most people have multiple cameras the sound would be loud enough

1 Like

As you can see most of us here are in HUGE favor of wyze dev team coming up with this feature. Please add it to your next Sprint or at least in the top 10 items on the backlog! My house just got robbed!

1 Like

Since the camera can produce sounds already, and I can script an event trigger when a door has been open too long, is there a way I can send an alarm sound to the speaker output of one/all my cameras?

Pre-recorded, or my own uploaded to my SD card. Either would be fine.

Loki, how many watts is the speaker in wyze and wyze Pan? Most seem to have 5 to 7 cameras so the sound should be loud enough for the purpose. Also an easy fix. Ty

I think it would be a great idea to add an option in the app to activate a siren on the camera similar to what ring is doing.

I would like to see an “armed” mode for select sensors that will play a different notification sound. I’d like to set my front and back doors to armed when I go to sleep and have my cell phone wake me up when someone is at the doors. The alternative is to send the audio alert to another camera that is close to my bed (and use it just as an audio alarm).

This is should be easily programmed by your team to setup in your “Rules” script → Device Trigger → Front door sensor->Action->play MP3 at certain volume->choose device (camera or phone or both)

Right now, I’m wondering if I can get a workaround solution with your light bulbs that would wake me up setup on my nightstand, triggered by those zones during certain hours.

1 Like

That’s pretty easy to do. Set up the sensor to send push alerts, and set up your phone to play a sound when it gets a push alert from wyze. You can even set it up on a schedule, or as an action button.

I think you are mistaken. This is about the camera playing a defined sound (either stock or user defined).

1 Like

Right, but avalkauskas said he would like his phone to play a sound.

My original thought was for an add on alarm to plug in somehow as I had to buy a Bosma to get 115 db alarm.

Then another WYZE contributor read this and said he had a suggestion to simply put a button, like the talk button on wyze app that when you press it it plays a pre determined sound file through the speakers of all of your cams. Could be a siren, dogs barking or both together with police sirens.

This makes it just a software issue and what the 2 of us intended.

Make sense?

I WOULD LOVE THIS - to play a doorbell on the camera speaker when motion is detected at front door!

I get alerts on my phone as well, but they are often delayed 30-90 seconds, so this real-time sound on-device would be amazing… Thanks @Loki

1 Like

Would be cool if with the use of camera speakers
Would announce when a certain contact sensor was opened
Like when front door opened the speaker on the cameras would announce “Front Door Open”
Or you choose what speaker would react
Or a Wyze Speaker to be placed in center of home and could also be used as a alarm siren

*Moderator Note: This is a merged #wishlist submission. The “on demand” aspect of this topic, in conjunction with Rules, would satisfy this request. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button. *

Playing a custom sound on the camera itself during certain time windows (like when motion and alerts are set) would be fantastic. I’d really love to see this implemented soon.