Camera offline after recent upgrade

I’ve had these 2 Cam Pans working fine for several years without a password. Why now?
I use them on an open network because its my only 2.4 GHz WiFi.

Sorry for the trouble. Using IoT device on an open network is very dangerous for privacy and personal information. We strongly recommend users to use their devices on a secured network. If you only have one open 2.4 G SSID and want to continue using the camera under that network, you can manually flash the firmware back to the previous version.

1 Like

Was there ever a resolution to this? I have 6 cameras showing offline. I dm’d a mac for one but i have not heard back.

Mine is still showing offline, but at least seems to be working normally. It’s now recording and sending notifications as usual.

Those TP-Link Tapo cameras are looking more tempting everyday. Their subscription plan is more expensive though, so.

Mine is doing the same thing. Two of my v2 cams have rolled to 1433, one has not. The two on 1433 both show as offline on the main menu, but i can clixk on them and view live video. They bot also are sending push notifications. However, neother is able to use their bridge anymore, nor can i roll back the formware. .

When i follow the recommended procedure (turn them off for 5-10 secomds and then turn them back on again), they go back to normal operation. This lasts for about 10 minutes, where everything is good. Then, back to offline.

On both, i have a solid blue light, indicating everything is good from the network side.

I have deleted and and reset the camera
I have deleted and reinstalled the app
I have tried the tur them off and on thing
I have tried the factory reset

I am keeping my backlevel camera offline to avoid going to 1433. This is my only v2 cam that still functions like normal.

When is a new firmware coming out that will fix this?

I have 4 v3 cams - 3 were upgraded to recent firmware and now are showing offline even though I can live view and see events. Restarting the cam from the app is not possible since it says it is offline - they are in a vacation home so I am not able to unplug and plug back in. The 1 v3 that is not upgraded is showing fine…

Here is how i fixed it. Delete the camera from the App and then add it back. All the time i thought it was the cameras, but turns out it was the app on the iPhone which had an upgrade around the same time as the camera upgrades. The cameras seem to be online now. Hopefully they stay that way.

If you unplug the camera, and plug it back in, does it reconnect without having to set it up again?

Only for a few minutes. Then it goes back to showing as offline on the main menu of the app. I can still manually connect to it, and i still get push notifications. It just no longer works with the bridge or advanced features in the app, like automations.

And it continues to fail to inspire confidence that almost a month into dozens of its customers complaining about this issue on Wyze’s own “community forum,” the company apparently still has not “officially” acknowledged it as an “issue.”

Reference ticket (2468261)

I have been emailing tech support since 10/26/2022 on my Wyze Cam Pan SKU: WYZECP1_JEF.

Camera worked fine for 2 years.
Did the firmware update through their app.
Camera has not worked since.

The only firmware download available is demo_4.10.9.1433.bin
NOTE: DEMO VERSION
They have not allowed a previous version to be downloaded.

I have engineering and computer background and shared all my troubleshooting with them.

They did offer a $20 gift card.

My last email to them shared the address’s for
Ohio Staet Attorney General
Washington State Attorney General
Washington DC Federal Trade Commission

Possibly that will help.

I understand your frustration and anger at this recent situation!

No guarantees, but maybe try a manual flash back to this using the microSD card process: https://download.wyzecam.com/firmware/pan/demo_4.10.8.1002.zip

NOTE: I have never owned a CamPan, so this is definitely at your own risk.

Sorry for the trouble. For the Pan which doesn’t function after updating to 4.10.9.1433, what is the LED status? If it’s solid yellow light, please PM me the MAC address and we will check what happened. Thank you very much.

For what it’s worth, my Wyze Cam v2 seems to be working fine after upgrading to 4.9.9.1472 yesterday. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Thanks sodcam, but I did that a few times before…
The only firmware avaiable to download is the demo version, which is what failed in the first place.
I did a lot of troubleshooting but didn’t want to clog the post.
I will mentione I did everything support suggested - before reaching out to them.
I also verified my router was not serving an IP address to the camera.
Even used Wireshark to verify data was being sent on 2.4Ghz.
However no answer from the router that I could see.

Just got another reply to my ticket from a Jerrold.
Some of the support people don’t seem to read the ticket, as he just gave me the link to Firmware Update Instructions.

In the forum post WyzeBachue wants the MAC address to check what happened.
I will attemp a signon and send the MAC to him.
Thanks.

1 Like

Hi WyzeBachua
MAC: 2C:AA:8E:3B:87:DD
I just did a New Device attemp at 4:41 EST finished by 4:45 EST
As usual just after the LED was flashing Blue it went to flashing yellow
Then heard Cannot Connect to Local Network from camera
After a while the APP showed Connection Failed

I would really like to try the previous version but it’s not in the download area.
Having that would greatly help in determining where the problem is.

I f you are a Wireshark guru I can send a WiFi capture from a previouse attemp.
It shows the data string sent from the camera over the 2.4GHz.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Actually all Wyze firmware I have ever seen has “demo” in the name, but that’s not especially relevant in getting your camera working again. Hopefully @WyzeBaohua will get a solution to you soon!

1 Like

Hi again sodcam
A point is, other cameras show previous versions available to download.

Only one is allowed for this camera. demo_4.10.9.1433.bin.zip (September 27, 2022)

It would be nice to get the previous version to test. 4.10.8.1002 (March 17, 2022)
That would show if it is the s/w or if there is another problem somewhere.
(But as 5 other devices get IP’s I don’t know where a problem would be)

I have asked for the previous version many time, but no response yet.

Hi sodcam
Thanks for the hidden link to the older firmware.
If you read my latest reply to WyzeBaohua you’ll see it helped get the camera working again.
Bob

2 Likes

Glad to hear it!
:+1: :+1:

1 Like