Camera group issues

@SlabSlayer @bryonhu hey guys I just posted this issue in the fix it Friday callout, can you give it a like. Please and thank you

2 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

:wave:

1 Like

I’m getting the same since upgrading to 2.41.5 (5) on iOS.

1 Like

@SlabSlayer @habib @bryonhu

Hey guys , are you still experiencing the camera group issues?

When I open the camera group, I still get the pop up saying “failed to connect.” Error code 90 , on a few live feeds.

Simply by backing out of the group and opening the group again, or going up or down the camera group to view other cameras , or opening that specific camera with the error code will load the live feed but the bug is still affecting my cameras.

I haven’t experienced a group load stall in a bit. On the latest & greatest Beta though.

1 Like

Yep, nothing has changed. Same issues. I can also confirm that the beta version 2.42.0 (a4) has same issues. Looks like nothing has been fixed. I just through the towel and raise my hands in the air.

For the last couple of years that I had my Wyze cameras, I learned to treat them as toys, not as security cameras. I’m OK with that, learning my ropes until I decide which way to go.

Anyone experiencing this issue, Wyze says they need logs to fix this and haven’t gotten any. If you’d like this to get resolved, here are the instructions to help out:

3 Likes

I’ve been super busy and I haven’t had the time but one thing im noticing is that they’re saying if it shows offline, mine only say failure to connect. Is that the same and do I still need to do all of their troubleshooting steps?

Yeah, they were just copying the standard scripting for how to get a MicroSD card log. It is usually asked for related to “Offline” cameras, which is why it says that, but the steps are the same and it is the same kind of log they are asking for here, they just didn’t update the wording from the standard script. Just ignore that it says offline as it is applicable to this error cod 90 issue too.

1 Like

I just experienced that. However, it’s 10pm, dark, and 12 feet up to the cam on a ladder that is in the shed with no lights to fiddle with a microscopic SD Card. Not gonna happen this time.

3 Likes

Is anyone else experiencing slow loading speeds for live streams?

For the past couple of days, all of my cameras in a group will be stuck on “loading live stream”

When using WiFi or data. Clearing app cache and force closing app don’t seem to fix it most of the time.

It becomes a game of waiting until they cameras finally do load the live streams…

1 Like

Nope. Pretty standard quick loads for me. I only have one new cam that loads slower than the rest in the group, but it is loading a 2.5K QHD stream.

1 Like

I have been having this issue almost weekly now. The representative I spoke with said when it happens I have to reset all my cameras. As in delete and reinstall. Super annoying. Im so frustrated.

Welcome to the forum @teamtyson

Sorry to hear about your issues, but I think the support agent misspoke. I think the best fix for when the wired cameras go offline is to power cycle the camera and that should get them back online. You don’t have to delete the cameras from your app and set them up again every time.

A power cycle just consists of you unplugging the camera from the outlet for a few seconds and plugging it back in and that should get them back online.

1 Like

Thank you for trying to help me, I greatly appreciate it. I tried power cycling them without any success. It’s like they get stuck in the “connecting “ stage 1. After a minute it goes back to the original error code 90 message. I tried unplugging every camera and plugging them back in. I’ve tried from the app. What’s weird is the only camera that still works is the one that is not wired in, my outdoor camera works fine. Could this be the result of a city power surge?

Yep, I think it might be AWS related.

1 Like

When I open the camera group 9 times out of 10 , at least 3 different cameras will say “failure to connect” it’s gotten pretty bad the last couple of days.

This bug is so annoying.

Running app version V2.45.5 (294) on a Samsung Galaxy S20 FE

I’ve sent like 5 micro SD card logs to Wyze

Oh my!

I’ve been having the same issues for a couple of months now.
It is driving me insane. One I miss important things happening and two the fact that you don’t get a notification telling you something is wrong is really pissing me off.
I only notice when I get in the app hours later.
I remember asking customer service a few years ago to at least make it so that we get a nudge that there’s an issue.
The fact that they keep releasing random products while not fixing the reccuring issues is another thing that is annoying me.

1 Like

This is still happening for me as often as every few minutes with error “Failed to connect. Error code 13”.

I contacted Wyze support and they said they’re looking into it but that was weeks ago.

EXTREMELY frustrating.

2 Likes