I know I am being impatient, but I am not sure anyone is seeing my posts. I am a Beta member, have been for a couple of years. I own 1 Pan Cam and 2 V2 Cams. I do keep up with firmware updates, and have the most recent versions on my Cams, 22.214.171.124 for the Pan Cam and 126.96.36.199 for the V2’s. Yesterday I discovered that one of the V2’s had stopped recording video. It had also stopped saving event videos, about 4 days prior. I have had no power outages recently. I used the app on my phone to contact Support via Chat. I had to wait until today to apply changes recommended, since the Cam is outside with ladder access only. Today I did the factory reset, which made no difference. But where I’m concerned is that the Chat rep told me I should flash the firmware, to an older version, since the version I have is not listed on the website! My personal past experience with firmware flashing is that it is not for the faint of heart and not to be taken lightly. I have replied to the Support rep asking her what happens if flashing an older version of firmware bricks the Cam? Seriously, I have seen this happen with phones, routers, etc. I just want to make sure that if I do flash it, it will survive. I’ll have to worry about having one Cam out of sequence with the rest later. So I have ticket numbers for the Chat as well as the log I submitted today, if anyone needs them. I just would like to get a response from someone at Wyze, before I do something risky.
By the way, it’s awfully hard to tell what stage the Cam is at when you can’t even see the little yellow or blue light.
bring it inside to do the flash. You can see it a lot easier and see if there’s any damage or possibly a moisture damage that may have caused the cam to fail.
Thanks, Bam, for the suggestion to bring it in. I wasn’t thinking clearly. So it doesn’t appear that the flash worked, as I suspected it would not. I now got my ticket re-opened with Support, and the cam is sitting on my desk, yellow light blinking away, not reachable at all. They were so specific about a blue light in the flash sequence but I never got a blue light at all. I do believe it is bricked at this point but I will wait for Support to get back to me. I’m not patient and waiting for a response for 24 hours is really trying, but you know, none of us is that patient right now. We’re still under quarantine in New York State.
I feel your pain, we are still in lockdown in Michigan too.
these cams sadly aren’t sealed so its possible moisture has gotten inside and the cam is lost.
I prefer the route of having the cams looking outside through windows, they are protected and work good for the most part. nighttime is a little lacking but its a small sacrifice.
I used to have my cams looking through windows, but it got to a point where it wasn’t worth doing. There was a myriad of problems with glare, reflections, etc. And then they never captured events, either. I would be really surprised if either of my cams got moisture inside them. They both have enclosures, and are under excessively deep soffits (18"). It’s kind of nice when it’s raining or snowing, to be able to see the precipitation passing by, and the cams never get wet.
So my cam was too old to replace, so I have ordered another. They shipped it out real quick, my only concern now is what Fedex/USPS does with it. All the carriers are terrible where I live.
Stay safe! And thanks again for the tip to bring the cam inside. I don’t know what I was thinking, at the time.