Cam Plus trial subscription

I guess that’s part of running a business. At least the warning is right there and not in fine print where you can barely see it.

I totally agree. What I’m saying is that Wyze used to be different and I am sad to see them succumb to money grabbing schemes that the big boys are pushing for. Price to pay for democracy :slight_smile:

Yup

Yes. I get a pop up that it will automatically charge my credit card if I activate the 2 week trial - might work for some if they don’t have Google Pay or Apple Pay set up on their phone but I have that set up on my phone and tablet.

And I agree. It’s frustrating because Wyze didn’t used to do this. You had to take affirmative steps to keep a subscription after the 2 week trial.

Oh well.

Hope this information helps someone out there

For what it’s worth, when i first got my cameras over a year ago and Wyze offered me the 14 day trial with no strings attached, I was blown away. I immediately signed up for the Cam Plus based on the non-push approach. I just hope they retain their partial payment policy in case someone decides to walk away from the subscription at any point before it ends. Hope I didn’t give them any ill ideas :slight_smile:

1 Like

You should be able to login to the Wyze web site and cancel your Cam Plus trial. It takes a few minutes for the trial to disappear in the App Accounts tab. Your cameras that were on the trial will then show up as being able to Assign to CPL.

On the web site go to “My Account - My Subscriptions” and make sure the Trial is gone. In the App go to “Accounts - Services” and the trial should be gone from the Cam Plus tab.

Make sure your cameras will work with CPL.

I had a couple of v3 cameras on a Trial. I thought it was best to end the Trial early so not to be charged.

1 Like