Cam Plus Lite and Basic Plan Cloud Changes Starting Shortly 3/14/22

Hey, I have an outdoor camera. Maybe I could help?

1. wireless outdoor camera does not have continuous recording. It does have event only recording to the Sd card, or scheduled recordings. I don’t think you’ll see playback option on the live view, mine doesn’t have one.

2. the events tab is where the cloud recordings go. It’s always been this way. To continue getting 12 second recordings you have to subscribe to the cam plus light, which has a free/custom option.

3. events stored on the Sd card can be found either in the album for that camera, or from.what I understand, by removing the Sd card and viewing them with a computer (I can’t give you more specifics as I don’t use this option). I do have SD cards installed, but I’ve never used them for event playback since the cloud recording was sufficient for me.

2 Likes

For what it’s worth: my SD card works in some of my cameras but not all…

Explain what you see, so we can see if we can confirm. How many cameras do you have? Which ones work, which ones don’t? Are you on the current production software? (not Beta. that needs to be discussed separately)

Yes, that’s right.

You are talking about 2 different things. “Playback” is NOT viewing events. Playback is viewing SD card recordings. Your WCO (Wyze Cam Outdoor) does not and never has had SD card recording that is viewable from tapping a “Playback” button.

If you now have static images instead of video events under Wyze app Home > Events tab, you need to obtain a Cam Plus Lite subscription for whatever price you choose including $0, assign your cams to the subscription via the Wyze app and change your cam’s Event Recording Type from Image to Video.

Cam Plus Lite Getting Started

2 Likes

In the App it only allows me to set Cam Lite to one camera, but 2 others are still recording events the other 2 only takes images. When I try to switch to video it goes to update plan on 2 cameras.

Very unhappy with the way this has been handled by Wyze. Why should the burden be put on the consumer to keep what they have been provided for years. The process for keeping “cam lite” is burdensome and buggy. Cam lite could just have been assigned to everyone, without the customer having to go here, and do that, along with plenty of upsells paraded in front of them. Im always suspicious that these overly complicated processes are on purpose. I have always loved your products and supported them because you do not play these games. But now you have. I’d preferred you just explained why you felt a need to do this, and ask for a donation. Very disappointed. Steve (a mess of Wyze cams, Wyze lamp, Wyze lights etc)

3 Likes

For anyone else that was already on paid Cam Plus and lost their services (person detection, longer than 12 sec event cloud recordings), I was able to just fix mine by removing Cam Plus from the camera and then add it back. Now I have longer than 12 sec events as well as person detection again.

2 Likes

I got one camera to load under cam plus lite but when I click add camera it shows the camera I want but when I select it nothing happens. The only option is to click the close button but it does not add the camera.

This would have defeated the purpose of Cam Plus Lite to begin with which was to eliminate the users that never viewed Event clips.

I agree, Wyze has put a lot of effort into making the transition as complicated as possible.

1 Like

I go to services>cam plus lite one camera shows that is working so I select add cameras the pop up shows the camera I want to add so I select it and nothing happens, the only option is to select close. It does not add my camera.

Do you have SD cards installed? I believe you need to have the cards installed and ensure the app and cameras have the firmware updates.

cards are in, all are updated, it shows up on the list to add camera but dosen’t. My other camera is there and is recording like it was before this change,

Why can’t I add any cameras to Cam Plus Lite? I have subscribed but no cameras show to enroll.

I have a Cam Plus Lite subscription but none of my 5 cameras show to be enrolled.
Latest WyzeBeta app (2.28.2 a24) on ios 15.4, latest firmware in cameras, all are V3s except 1 V2. Any ideas?

Just as an Fyi….Under Notifications on a WCO, you can set cool down back to 1 Minute If you’d like…it also lets you set to record 12 second videos instead of ‘clips’ under Cam Plus Lite…

1 Like

Ya, when I bought my first v2, I didn’t read or it didn’t sink in the 5min cool down meant a 5 min period ignoring motion/people. But in my case, it’s more for viewing packages left by front door so it’s not a big deal. If I needed a real security solution, I’ll probably look elsewhere for a system I can manage and use without cloud services.

2 Likes

My v2s record to SD without any cooldown, not necessarily a solution for all situations, but keeps me a Wyze customer for now. As long as I got PD Which is why I bought it originally - pd plus free cloud stg, plus the sd option. I don’t have security concerns so it’s fine for now.

1 Like

I think it’s time to replace these cams with others that do not “CHARGE” you to view the video clips. This company is becoming just like all the other GREEDY bastards this country has to offer. They use to be fair and above board but now that the hook is set, they are reeling us all in. Not me.

3 Likes
1 Like