Cam Plus Lite and Basic Plan Cloud Changes Starting Shortly 3/14/22

Floridaman its absolutely ridiculous some Einstein over there decided to pull this crap. Like any of us have hours and hours to fool around with their junk. Surely I won’t be advising anyone i know to purchase these products to anyone.

1 Like

Only change I saw was loss of the PD option. Both my cams are still listed in CPlus lite, both have video recording. But now neither has PD. Prior setting was to only record PD events. Now it’s reverted to motion events. Only slider for PD is in the smart detection section which only pops up a pay for camplus ad page - ignores my camplus lite (which was previously auto updated from legacy pd and had been working perfectly fine). I’ve been on the fence with wyze since the doorbell beta testing and this is not improving my perception.

1 Like

read them all. wont work on mine even after reset

This isnt the first time ive had to play all these games with WYZE its the second. First one was a few hours to fix all there bullcrap. Here it is a second time now. Sorry WYZE but next time will be the third and final time. Ill take my business elsewhere as you guys are just way too much trouble and i dont have any confindence in your system that has to be running correctly. Dont you guys understand what us as customers use your equipment for? Safety/security, dont things like this need to be stable? As a customer i expect stable equipment something i can depend on and is reliable. So far, twice in only 4 months, you have not proven this.

2 Likes

I know how to get it to go to video, but when I try to assign a camera to cam plus lite there is only option at the top for pay subscriptions and no opt in for lite.

1 Like

Because you are not doing it from the website as instructed. 1 Website enroll into cam lite. 2 - From the app, assign cameras from services. This has been repeated over and over .

1 Like

From each cam,
After enrolled into cam lite from the Wyze services website and making sure firmware and app is up-to-date.

Go to settings > Notifications > Notifications
Go to settings > Notifications > Detects person
Go to settings > Notifications> Detects any other motion

Go to settings > Event recordings > Motion
Go to settings > Event Recordings> Recording type - Video

wyz

Apparently you did not read my earlier posts which is not surprising since they’ve pretty much been buried by an avalanche of more recent posts. Briefly, both cams are shown under camplus lite, both were auto converted from legacy PD and when converted I accepted the person notifications only, all was working fine. I had both a selector for PD and it recorded video, not stills. Suddenly, I can’t toggle PD and no selection for PD notifications only. So I now I get all notifications and all events are recorded - previously I had only the PD events recording and notifying.

@Seapup @WyzeJimmy To add to my previous glitches, I started started getting person detection again today. I can’t toggle it anywhere but at least they are recording and notifying. Will test turning off the motion notifications to see if person remains. This is beyond strange!

Meanwhile my doorbell shows a toggle for AI notifications for which I do not subscribe :thinking:

I am on your side on this, basically. However, like Rivian just learned, something like this is always going to play bad with current customers who feel they are already locked in or setup.

In this case I get that everyone had lots of time to choose and they could choose to pay $0. But the misstepped was making your current customers do anything at all.

Many do not engage with their cameras like you may wish. Many do not understand the need for the change nor why you are making them take time under a deadline to do something. Even if it will not cost them anything if they want, they feel forced.

For me it was not a huge deal. I jumped right over and set it up. However, family members and friends of mine who I setup a camera for did not. Will not. They don’t barely use the app. I do not have the ability to walk them all through this remotely and comfort them that nothing has to change. They do not understand the email about this at all, they feel overwhelmed with IoT and tech in general. They are very confused. There are far more situations than what I just described where folks are getting this all wrong. The forums on FB greatly highlight this.

This could have been avoided. What should have been done is all current cameras should have been set to CamPlus Lite at $0 by default.

Then no one would be ‘forced’ to react under the gun. Then you could have asked that people take a look at the pay as you like option and maybe pay a bit if they feel compelled or nice. Going forward though you then make folks choose as they setup their cameras. But folks who already set theirs up should have been treated a bit better, just to ovoid the optics of not caring much about the customers who do see this as a big deal. To some asking them to do this under a timetable or lose features and functionality feels really bad, even if they could do so at no cost.

4 Likes

Well said. Surely those who feel enough value is gained will pay some amount, as you mention they might anyway. This whole thing could have been far better planned out and far better tested to be sure all versions of customers from prior legacy PD to current new enrollees all could be activated without all these glitches.

2 Likes

Please wait for a response from @WyzeJimmy. Hoping he can unbind/re-link your cams/service on the server to fix your account.

1 Like

Same Here - very frustrating

I have no idea what happened to my one Wyze camera… I have been on the paid Wyze Cam Plus plan and pay $1.99/month for that. I no longer have any events in my app (iOS 2.28.2 a24). My one camera is running firmware version 4.9.8.860. I am getting emails from Wyze saying “We see you have cameras that havent been assigned to a plan yet” – my camera is checked off for “Detects motion” in the app… When I go to “Services”, under “Cam Plus”, my one camera is assigned to it. What do I have to do to get my event monitoring thumbnails back?

Ya, I’m hoping it can be reverted to more normal. I just figured the in-app toggles are safe. Not planning on going any further.

1 Like

Yes the free 12 seconds of free recorded video for motion or sound events is still available for WYZE cameras, but they have made it extremely hard to get through the menu system and make you sign-up for Cam Plus Lite (which is the free 12 second video recordings - free subscription).

Here are the instructions to sign back up for the free 12 seconds per event of recorded video.

1. Log Into wyze.com Under Services - go to “Overview”
  2. At the top of the screen - Where it mentions Need 12 Second Event Videos… Name your price for Cam Plus Lite “Learn More”
    Click on “Learn More”
  3. Scroll to the bottom of the “Learn More” page where it says “Cam Plus Lite”
    Click on “Subscribe”

The screen tries to get you to subscribe for an amount per month, but you can subscribe for $0 per month like you had before.

4. Click on “Custom Amount” Type “0” (zero) THen
Click “No” and the pop=up goes away and the $0 box turns to purple and the Save button becomes clickable

5. Then you should see an invoice for $0.00.
If the screen goes to a Pay Option - instead of this screen, then something went wrong, try again.

6. Under Wyze “Account” you should now have “Cam Plus Lite” under My Subscriptions and Billing History of a Paid Status for Total of $0.00

1 Like

Is there a limit of 20 cameras per Cam Plus Lite account? i have 32 and cant add any more after 20.

Hi! Yes we’re working to triage this in the cloud because it looks like we have a few cases of this. Sorry about the late reply.

Could you please send me a private message with the MAC address from the camera settings for the cameras that are missing the PD settings? Also a log from camera settings > Wyze Support > Submit a Log?

I will use this to help triage and we’ll see what we can do with this info on the backend.

2 Likes

I have 5 cams, Cam Lite is only allowing me to assign one camera, the other 4 are not recording events, I’ve tried to switch from image to video and it keeps telling me to upgrade to another plan

What happens when you try to assign the additional cameras?