Cam+ & lite not recognizing motion & persons

Have V2 & V3 camera’s with cam plus and cam lite. Neither camera recognizes a person. Have them set up to turn on a group of lights when a person or motion is detected as a rule. Ever since the last update neither camera will apply the rule. Did the whole thing with wyze tech support, still not working. Never had this problem when i had the Wyze motion detector (which wyze conveniently discontinued), now my smart home is not so smart. This is very frustrating. Anyone else having this issue?

1 Like

Sorry your having trouble with person detection in rules. Could you check if your getting events tagged with a person in the events tab, but the rules just aren’t working. Also, check the rules history page, and see if it says failed.

1 Like

No events tagged for persons for both camera’s. Rules have not failed. Camera #1 has Cam plus. When you walk in front of it. It registers motion (green box) in the app. It will not detect a person, face, etc. The rule is set to turn on a group of lights when detects either. After a camera reset it may occasionally trigger the rule for motion only, never a person. Camera #2 has Cam Lite. Does the same thing. Tech support has not gotten back with a solution. I have requested new cameras, but they said it is not the cameras. They did give me a $1 credit for the service :face_exhaling:. Never had any issues with the camera’s. Last update messed everything up.

1 Like

My v3 cams are out too. Won’t record events either. started since the last app update. it was saying need to upgrade service or add service if you want more then 12 sec, I had Cam plus for the last 3 years and been on the same cam v3… not my fault. Last time it did this no events it lasted almost a month. and no refund for the trouble

1 Like

My WCO critter cam with CP Lite tags most creatures as person. It only has two choices, motion or person. :rofl:

Ugh, that’s discouraging. I hope it gets fixed soon