Beta Testing Application For Google Home

Interested in testing but also curious if this will work with Android TV devices as well?

1 Like

hdmuzzillo had this covered! This is testing the app integration but it needs a screen to work.

1 Like

It’s working on mine. :wink:

Mine has Chromecast built in. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Done! I hope to be a beta tester. I’ve been waiting for this integration for a long time. :blush:

2 Likes

Hello @JeryRivera, you can sign up for beta testing here by following the steps on the page :smile:

2 Likes

@mparadis720… This test is only for Google Home devices. But you can hop over and vote for an Android TV app here:

3 Likes

Well I guess I’m out , I just recently got a Google home mini But no screen and no Chromecast .
Carry on

I asked because I can push the button on my android tv remote and use google assistant (what powers google home) through the device.

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Excited to test. Hub, V2’s and Chromecast ready!

1 Like

A Chromecast is well worth the money if you have an HDMI port on your T.V. and it will connect to your Google home mini. It’s about the same cost as the Wyze Cam.

3 Likes

Just want to confirm; does the beta forum mean that one can sign up to be a beta tester WITHOUT joining a Facebook group? Because if so, I will definitely sign up for beta testing now.

2 Likes

Pretty keen too, I’ve been waiting for it for a while.
my 2 chromecast, hub and mini are all ready :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @rpitera, you don’t have to join the Facebook group to become a beta tester but it is recommend so that you can stay up to date with the latest information from Wyze.

2 Likes

See this:

2 Likes

If this is the case, then why does the form in the link sent by Loki state the following?:

Facebook Email

This is the email address you login to Facebook with and necessary for getting people into the Facebook group where discussion about the testing process happens. You will not be accepted into testing if we cannot communicate with you!

I’m confused here. I really want to be a beta tester and I have extensive experience testing both hardware and software. I simply want no part of FB, for obvious reasons. But I cannot complete the form without providing a FB email address as it is a required field.

1 Like

@rpitera,

In the link I posted, there are two sections, one for beta (software) and one for hardware. You do not have to have a FB account for software beta testing. However, at this time, you do need to be on FB to apply for hardware testing. As indicated in the last paragraph of the link (copy below), you can apply and indicate you are not on FB. You will not be considered until such time as Wyze moves off FB for hardware testing:

We do plan to move away from Facebook groups for future testing, but we’re not at that point yet. Currently, hardware testing communication is limited to secret Facebook groups. If you want to be a future tester for us but would rather not use Facebook, please include that information in the Facebook line instead of your Facebook email. We won’t be able to work with you right now, but we want you in the running for the future.

2 Likes

Thanks very much for the clarification! I’ll sign up in hope that this will change soon.

BTW, if I may ask (and not only for myself but others who have wondered the same thing in reddit and other places) why is FB preferable to using your own forums? I’m kind of curious what the FB Platform offers that cannot be duplicated in a forum setting. I’m sure you have a good reason, and if it’s not proprietary or privileged information I’d like to know what it is.

3 Likes

I really don’t know. I have lobbied to move more to the forum, but apparently there are some who prefer FB and there’s a lot of momentum there. Personally, I’d rather keep FB for personal interactions.

3 Likes

Me too

4 Likes