Battery pack for running cam in coop?

Yeah lol

There are different types of Wifi extenders.
Most give you longer range but in the process they lower the speed of the connection.
I use this type:
Amazon - WAVLINK ARIEAL HD2 High Power Long Range
This one is cheaper:
Amazon - TP-Link EAP225-Outdoor Omada AC1200 Wireless Access Point
They can be set up to Extend your Wifi without lowering the speed and are built to be left outside.

1 Like

Completely forgot about the new battery powered cam coming.

I’m gonna skip these new outdoor cams for now. I already have power ran to the places I would put them, so since you can’t keep them continually plugged in, is one of the bigger reasons I will stay with their indoor cams outside.

I ran 2 Cameras out to my coop before I got power out there. A Wyze v2 and Pan Cam. I used this from Amazon: Verano Portable Solar Charger 24000mAh, 5 Solar Panels. (fit perfectly on-top of the coop roof and got direct sun nearly all day. )

This ran both of them only accessing them as alerts and periodically checking them. After we hooked up actual power we decided to see what it would take to drain this battery pack(no real result keeping), we left both cams on and open in our apps. while using the pan cam to follow the chickens constantly. We estimated about 18-20+ hours before the battery pack completely drained and shutdown both cams with heavy usage. So if you are only checking on them once in a while this would be golden.

I had to give other family members access to the chicken cams because they love watching them then a couple more were asking how to watch them, so yesterday i made them a facebook page and just connect their cams to facebook live and now anyone can watch them. LOL

Redirecting... powered by Wyze Cams :smiley:

5 Likes

I use an old car battery with a 12V USB converter on it to power a camera in my deer blind. Works for months without a recharge.

2 Likes

Welcome david23! I’ve been doing the same, but added a 12V battery tender. Been running well for over a year even with a few power outages. :+1:

If you have 110v for the Battery Tender why are you using a battery for the camera? Backup?

1 Like

Smart battery tender feeds and maintains a Group 27 battery that feeds critical-area cams that run 24/7 with continuous recording to 128GB SD cards. Think of it as a less expensive, higher capacity, dual-use alternative to UPS protection.

3 Likes

I don’t have 110V. I take the battery home when it runs down and recharge it.

2 Likes

I was asking Seapup.

That would definitely power a game cam much better that the usual handful of AA batteries for certain! :+1: :+1:

Are you running a traditional game cam, a cellular game cam, or a Wyze cam plus hotspot this way?

A couple Wyse cams and a TP Link BC342A router (which reaches my deer blind 1/3 of a mile away)