Battery Life is Awful

I am sure this topic has been beat to death ………I purchased 5 Wizen outdoor wireless cameras and for the first few days battery seemed stable. After about 5 days I get about 24-48 hours of battery life on all the cameras , some 48-72 hours but other 24-48. No recording schedules and all running in SD. Is this normal and Wyze marketing is just [Mod Edit] saying 3-6 months of battery life ?? Any suggestions on how to extend battery life ?

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

How many activations per day would you estimate you are getting on those cameras?

That said, if that were the issue, I would expect they would have to be getting hammered rather hard to run down the battery in 1-3 days.

The estimated battery life of any battery operated camera is always based on a lot of time in standby and few activations per day.

Great point , the motion sensor is on and they do get a bunch of activation day. I will experiment with turning it off to see if it makes a difference. Thanks for the input !

Motion activations matter, but what are your firmware versions on both the Outdoor cam and the Base? There were several versions that would cause this issue on their own.

Do you live view the camera at all? Can you post a screenshot of the “battery usage monitor” from the device info page (after the battery drains, before it drains complete ly and before you charge it).

1 Like