Attention All V3 Camera Owners - mark Dec. 21st in your Calendars Right Now!

I assure you the V2 can handle the planets especially if it is in a dark environment. It will not be as pretty but should work.

1 Like

I was fortunate enough to ā€œwinā€ a Wyze V3 during the recent daylong Wyze Career Day. I received the V3 early.

During the Leonid meteor shower, I set up my new V3 side by side with a WCO.

The WCO captured the brightest stars (not very impressively), but the V3 Starlight sensor feature really ā€œpoppedā€ even the dimmest stars, and literally filled the screen with stars! I was really amazed!

@ingram1225, I never even thought about putting a V2 along side the V3.

I donā€™t have a weatherproof enclosure for a V2 ā€¦ but maybe somebody will be able to run a test during the upcoming Geminid Meteor Shower event, which will peak the weekend of Dec. 13 and 14th.

Anybody game? @mvb, are you able to put a V2 outside next to your V3? Surely somebody will be able to do it!

Neat thing is, eventually, there will be a network of V3 cameras, pointed into the dark skies across North America. Thereā€™s bound to be a clear sky above some of them!

I canā€™t wait to see the posts on Captured on Wyze!

As a matter of fact I do have a spare V2 that I can place next to the V3. Assuming it is going to be a clear night, I wonā€™t even worry about an enclosure.

I would love to be able to catch the conjuncture of the planets. But, I do not have a clear line of sight to the western horizon. People in Southern California or in the mountains on the western side will have the best views.

In theory, I will have 5 V3s by the end of today. My pre-order of 4 are supposed to be delivered today. But the last time I checked, they are still in Indiana.

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: CAM V3 shipment delayed?

I know nothing about time lapse. But is it possible ā€¦ and has anybody figured out or thought about setting up a 11 day time lapse with their V3s to capture the Jupiter/Saturn event.

Heck, Iā€™d be lucky if I could even figure out which light in the sky was Saturn. Sorry, but itā€™s true. I didnā€™t give this dark sky stuff a second thought until I got my V3 ā€¦ now Iā€™m excited about what goes on in the night sky.

But I figure the actual night sky on Dec. 21st isnā€™t going to be very visually exciting to capture in a video, other than the fact itā€™s going to be really bright. But Iā€™m thinking about how to capture, weather permitting, a time lapse of the nights leading up to the event. I donā€™t think itā€™s possible to set up a ā€œonce every half hour during the nightā€ time lapse, so realize the time lapse motion would be separated by the daylight hours also.

Anybody have any ideas? @bam, @ThreeTen, @freelancertech, @DraconisRex, @WyzeDongsheng and anybody else who is a lot smarter than me ā€¦ somebody has to have an idea!

1 Like

not sure I have any good ideasā€¦

1 Like

seems like a lot of things happen on
December 21 like when the world was
Supposed to end in 2012

1 Like

I have a v3 CAM. Itā€™s NOT a Celestron. You wonā€™t see Jupitars moons. You know I need a Control on the Alarm Volume. It stays in my house and is WAY too loud. If it were Outside, the triggers would make my neighbors Shoot it.

I agree @festus and now the days will be getting longer.
Well, there is always Festivus for the rest of us. 12/23