AppleTV app

Count me in, an Apple TV app would be a game changer!

2 Likes

It would be pretty easy, the iOS app is written, they just need to change the type to tvOS in Xcode, tweek the screen size and publish it. I would pay $5 for it, so suggest to make it a commercial app to offset the development costs.

3 Likes

I’d take an Apple TV app how ever I could.
Let’s make this happen

1 Like

While I still very much want HomeKit integration, this would atleast Be a step in the right direction to supporting iOS users

4 Likes

First vote on site and just joined the Wyze family. I must have an Apple TV app for these cameras!!

4 Likes

I joined just so I could vote and voice support for this. PLEASE add an AppleTV app. All I need it to do is support multiple cameras and give me the option to go to the app if there is a notification.

3 Likes

We need this! Google Nest has completely broken their tvOS app by essentially forcing Nest accounts to migrate over to Google accounts after Google bought Nest, but not mentioning that by migrating your account to a Google account that you will no longer be able to log in to the tvOS app to monitor your cameras on the Apple TV. ONLY original Nest accounts can log-in. They’ve mentioned they have no intention on fixing this as well.

All this to say - there’s a huge value-add in an entirely unoccupied space by allowing tvOS camera monitoring! Hoping Wyze can make this happen in 2020 and we’d personally buy SEVERAL more cameras in a heartbeat.

4 Likes

An Apple TV (along with other boxes) Interface / Interaction would increase value and really make this system shine!

1 Like

Doooo iiiiit! +1

1 Like

I really need wyze on TV. Wyze. What’s the delay?

4 Likes

I’d love one too, but I wouldn’t hold your breath. There appears to be little commitment by Wyze to support numerous Apple specific features such as Apple TV, HomeKit, PiP (picture-in-picture), Slide Over or Split View for my iPad, app-wide landscape mode for my iPad, etc. I truly wish this weren’t the case. My $.02 …

1 Like

It would be a great addition to the Wyze ecosystem to develop a Wyze app for the Apple TV where you could see all the cameras in the house as well as the ring bell with PIP.

2 Likes

Agreed - ios app for APT would be great. Has there been a statement by Wyze on this? Wyze is usually really good at letting customers know what’s going on or what their position is.

I own an Apple TV4K and would LOVE an ATV app. Now that I’ve said that, I think the chances of me winning the lottery are better than Wyze creating one. Heck, there’s not even landscape mode for my iPad or slide over mode, split screen mode or Picture-in-Picture support. Sooo, unfortunately, the moral of the story is don’t hold your breath.

1 Like

I have 5 Siberian Huskies that love to play outside. 4 are puppies so I need to watch them.

Currently I’m using an older iPhone with the Wyze App,
I create a Camera Group, putting the cameras I want to view on my AppleTV in this Group.
I open the group & mirror my screen to the AppleTV of choice so I can watch my dogs.

With Apple having all of their devices with the same (almost) iOS it would be great to have an “APPLETV APP FOR WYZE”.

It would also come in handy at night displaying the 4 views of choice.

I have a MediaRoom with 3 TVs side x side using one to view my cameras & the other 2 for Sports, unless my gf is over then I put on my BT headset or earbuds & watch my show while she watches hers.

Hope you have time to create one bc when I mirror more than 2 cameras, the sporadically freeze on my TV screen but if I select one of the frozen pix on my iPhone doing the mirroring it will play fine w/out problems.

5 Likes

I’d also would LOVE an AppleTV app to view live feeds of everything and to get NOTIFICATIONS live on screen as well.

2 Likes

@UserCustomerGwen any insight if there will be an Apple TV app?

4 Likes

It dont have to be AppleTV for me. I’m lucky with an AirPlay Option - i think it can not be to hard and its open for a wide variety of Monitors/TV’a

1 Like

If Wyze really wants to be considered a prime home security and monitoring solution, they need to create a full suite of monitoring tools beyond just viewing the cameras via a mobile device. This should include Apple TV and Roku support to display multiple camera views; arrange the cameras and tile layouts and sizes; and be able to isolate a single camera for event review and video playback.
As a user, if I hear a weird noise at night, I want to be able to to review all of my camera feeds on my TV. It would be fantastic if Wyze could work with the AppleTV picture-in-picture capability to allow me to have a single camera up in the small frame while a movie or live TV is playing full screen. That would be the kind of functionality that would allow parents to watch TV in their bedroom while monitoring their baby or, once the baby grows into a teenager, monitor the front door to watch when they come home.

6 Likes

Please create an APP for apple TV please…

1 Like