Apple HomeKit Integration

Cool, maybe I’ll give this a try. A couple of questions for you before I do so:

1. in the ATV App Store I see “CCTV LIVE Camera Footage” ($.99) and “CCTV Viewer” ($2.99). Are you using one of these or something else?

2. as I understand it, once you’ve installed the RTSP firmware, there’s no turning back to a non-RTSP version. Does this cause you concern? Did you update all of your cameras?

Thanks.

Would love homekit integration as well! Take my $$$$ please.

1 Like

In addition to the Wyze camera HomeKit integration of the Wyze motion sensor and contact switches would be be fantastic. These sensors are much smaller than others. I would love to be able to turn on the yard lights when the camera is recording. HomeKit integration would make this easy.

1 Like

RTSP installation is not final, you can revert back to the standard firmware. But you can’t have both at the same time or easily swap from one to the next.

2 Likes

Ahhh, thanks, didn’t know that …

I can’t wait to have HomeKit for Wyze. I would buy more of them because I need something that is easily accessible from HomeKit and siri shortcuts.

3 Likes

Just bought my first Wyze Cam, testing now. If Homekit becomes available, I will buy more units. Located in Canada, order it from Amazon.ca for 39.00 Canadian, but I am aware no warranty. Hopefully, I won’t need it for a year or so.

2 Likes

CCTV Viewer for $2.99 is what I am using.

RTSP firmware - WyzeFrederick pointed out that, currently, reverting is still possible – not a mojo concern to me, since backtracking on this would at most cost $20 for another camera.

1 Like

HomeKit compatibility would now be even more compelling with the introduction of the sensors and light bulbs!

4 Likes

Need this so so bad, especially with the light bulbs coming. I use Hue and the homekit integration allows me to control most lights from control center on iOS. Wyze bulbs are a non-starter until homekit comes. PLeeeeaseeeee!

4 Likes

I’m loving my devices, but it would sure be nice if they were integrated with Homekit so I could link their activity with other homekit devices. I’m especially interested in seeing how the new bulb could work within this ecosystem.

1 Like

Yep. There is no reason to buy WYZE bulbs from a company that has made clear HomeKit isn’t a priority to them.

Pass!

2 Likes

Yes, would buy more if Homekit were integrated. Already have other light bulbs that are Homekit integrated, what is the advantage of Wyze bulbs if they are not integrated?

1 Like

If HomeKit becomes a reality, I will be buying oodles of Wyze products. For the time being, it’s just not worth adding anything else to my setup, especially bulbs. I use Siri and control center shortcuts to control my home now, and products aren’t helpful to me outside of HomeKit. I want smart devices to make my life easier, not add more complexity.

4 Likes

Wyze Bulbs DEFINITELY NEED HomeKit support. More than any other Wyze product.

6 Likes

I stopped buying Wyze products until HomeKit is included. Voted.

9 Likes

Definitely need HomeKit support. Otherwise the upcoming products from Wyze won’t be something my friends and family will purchase in the future.

2 Likes

Add me to the list of Wyze users that really want HomeKit support! Please make this happen.

Thanks.

4 Likes

Where are the talks now with Apple regarding the exception and next steps on this project since April 2nd?

Wyze Bulb. That is what needs HomeKit. Personally, I don’t see what the big deal would be with the cameras. The bulbs, however…

1 Like