Apple HomeKit Integration

We’re probably talking about the same process. The processing of video occurs on the HomeKit hub with Apple software.

They are using some of the Xnor.ai local processing code Wyze used before Apple bought them and integrated it with HomeKit hub software.

From Apple.com:

1 Like

Agree with all except the stressing of YOU

YOU equals somewhere between 1 (me) and the nearly 1 billion iPhone users worldwide ?

I tend to be convinced that the YOU as you all cap’ed is likely 100’s of millions of potential WYZE customers that are being neglected at best and disrespected through ignorance (ignoring and lack of knowledge both) and is costing the company untold $$$

Was this meant for me? I never used the all cap’ed ‘you’ in my posts. Perhaps you meant to unload on someone else that used all caps in their post.

Yes it is up thread

JB DRAGON said
Yes, I get what you are saying. I have my Ecobee 4, and Racho 3 both which support Google, Alexa, and Homekit. My Cameras are PoE and so will never see any time of Homekit support with them in the ways YOU want. Though I may be able to figure out a way around that to do what you’re asking. I’ll have to look into that. I wouldn’t be able to do it with my NVR, but a different software solution, maybe. Maybe with need of Homebridge. I’d have to really look more into that. But I can currently view on my cameras on my iOS devices anyway and the video is all recorded locally. It works good enough for my needs for now.

I do really like EUFY devices over Ring or Arlo. There are more and more company’s supporting Homekit, though slowly. It would be nice if I could get my security cameras onto the Apple TV, but there is no app currently for that and my cameras. I get why company’s are reluctant to support things like Homekit Secure Video. Because it’s taking a monthly payment feature away from them that they really want/need. Being able to charge you a little bit for basically forever or as long as you use their devices.

So I’d like to at least see basic Homekit support first. Homekit Secure Video would be nice, but I don’t want to be greedy. One step at a time as they say. It’s not just Cameras here, but Prinkler controller, Home Temp controller, Door lock, Robot Vacuum, Lights, Smart power outlets, etc. None of those need Homekit Secure Video. Just getting support for Homekit for their many devices would be a huge PLUS.

But as of now, of Homekit is really Important to you, and Homekit Secure Video is a must have, in either case you need to look elseware. Don’t wait around for Wyze to maybe support one or both of those. You could be waiting forever. Support those company’s that DO support Homekit and Homekit Secure Video. As I’ve always said, Support the company’s that have the features YOU need.

These Wyze headphones I have, I could care less about Homekit support, but the crashing every 20 minutes is my big issue with them making them pretty much worthless. That’s 3 times an hour. Wyze Support has been 100% worthless.

I can get by without HK support for Wyze CAM, but NOT for the other products, lock, bulb, sensor. Those, to me are the most important items needing HK support

Lock, sensor and bulbs. Even if it would require then to add a HomeKit hub. If it’s not possible, please develop a homebridge plugin

3 Likes

Even IKEA is getting some HomeKit action… Ikea HomeKit support coming to motion sensor and button - 9to5Mac

2 Likes

Ya, some things you can be OK with no Homekit support. Others would be nice to have, and others yet, you really NEED Homekit support.

I think the cameras would be nice to have it. My scale I could care less about it. Bulbs would be a big YES, it needs Homekit support. My Wyze Robot Vacumn would be nice to have it. So on and so on. Door Lock would be a YES which is why I don’t have it. Same would home for Home Temp control and Sprinkler control. So some products I just have to refuse to buy and go with another brand that does support Homekit. So I give my thanks to those company’s supporting Homekit and try to give my buisness to.

You CAN get the Wyze Cam V2 to run on Homekit using HOOBS. GO Google that. I hear maybe V3 cams in the future. It’s extra cost, kind of hackish. But HOOBS is a interesting device. I actually have one to control my Blinds from (MySmartBlinds) The Hub I got from them was suppose to support Google, Alexa, Homekit and SmartThings. I think it only supports Google and Alexa. Everything about Homekit support disapeared. It really pissed me off. But using HOOBS and a Plug-in, it works better than using Alexa!!! Alexa is really wordy. Siri works nicer.

But ya, HOOBS allows many non-homeket devices to actually work with Homekit. It’s basically a raspberry pi in their case with their software. I think there is a older Wyze Plug-In that allows you to control some of there older products, like their normal light bulb. But when you can get ones that have built-in homekit support, why even go this route?

Really, can’t Wyze just create a nice Plug-In to control their products this way. HOOBS is really just a bit of a Interface over Homebridge anyway.

https://hoobs.org/

Learning about DOCKER a few weeks ago when I needed to wipe my NAS and kind of start over. Reemmber how it was a hassle to install some programs onto it. Had someone tell me about using DOCKER. Ya, so much better. But I might of not gotten the HOOBS, and just installed Homebridge using Docker. It would have been a snap. In fact I may give it a try this weekend to play a round with. One of the reasns I had to redo my NAS was mangling it up trying to install some other programs, one being Homebridge. But now I know about Docker. I see they have that in a Docker version. So some of you may want to give that a try. That wouldn’t cost you anything. It also may be useful for other products you may have been interested in using but no Homekid support. Using this, you really don’t know the differance from a Homekit support device and one that isn’t, so long as it’s a good Plug-In.

1 Like

This has been a customer request for years. Stop dividing your attention away from your core products. We don’t need handheld vacuums, watches, scales, etc. Focus on home security and automation. Listen to your customers and implement simple software improvements that your long time core customers are asking for.

6 Likes

This is precisely why I want them.

what do i do when i get on the site?

Slam Poet Conor is correct. A hub could make everything work with HomeKit. They would however yield control from the cloud to your local HomeKit instance.

HomeKit Secure Video uses a hub already (iPad, AppleTV, or HomePod) and really just takes the stream directly from the camera to do all the analysis locally instead of sending it up to Amazon. Adding a hub for Wyze really wouldn’t buy you anything. The capability to do this already exists but they don’t want to cede the CamPlus revenue.

I bought a $39 Eufy Indoor Cam 2k which does exactly what I’m looking for with HKSV. Any video uploaded for storage is encrypted before upload so even Apple can’t get into it. Likewise, live streams are encoded and encrypted on the HomeKit hub and are secured end-to-end, directly without having to go to Amazon for ingestion and streaming.

My suggestion is if you want HomeKit, buy from someone who supports it.

1 Like

If you are just talking about the video aspect, you have a fine point. A hub for the bulbs, lock, etc would still be great to see

Ya, I was going to say that a hub shouldn’t be needed. All they have to do is update the firmware to support Homekit. They just refuse to do it.

EUFY does make some great products but they also lack Homekit support as far as I know. Their official statement is they won’t be supporting HomeKit Secure Video on their current products. So I’m confused. Does it actually support HKSV, or even Homekit in general on their products?

For the v1, v2 and pan the capability does not exist, I do not know about the v3

It’s does exist. It’s the RTSP firmware.

Dude, I just told you I was using a Eufy cam with HomeKit secure video. I can assure you it works.

They cant run RTSP with the regular firmware on the same chip, so they would have to dump the production firmware.