App won’t send notification anymore [Moved]

I am on the latest beta firmware and app running Android 6 and 7 and I’m having the same problem. One day notifications work, the next they don’t even if nothing changes. Sometimes I have the notifications turned off and I start receiving notifications which are many hours late. The problem with the notifications seem to be at the back end level but doesn’t seem to affect iOS users.

Read that they were working on a re-design of the notifications system but I do not know when that will be fix.

Having lived with my v2 for 24 hours, I’m of the opinion that Wyze has a very delicate notification server architecture. I don’t think they can keep this server running for more than a few hours at a time. It started working at 7:15am PST this morning, worked sporadically throughout the day and then stopped working at 4:47pm PST this afternoon. Hmmm…hope they figure this out soon. I was planning to buy 5 more until I experienced this. Camera isn’t much good unless it alerts you to motion at your front door, by your car, etc, etc.

Same. I’d buy 7 more units tomorrow if notifications worked consistently.

I’m more shocked at the lack of communication than I am the technical difficulties. It’s okay to admit you’re having issues. Silence is rarely advisable.

Device logs? Okay, the company should ask for them and include step-by-step instruction on how to do so.

The hardware is excellent and the software is close. But competition is never too far behind…

this is terrible! mine go on and off without even turning them on, seems to be a complete disaster.

I have had the same issues last night. I was working fine for half of the day and then just stopped working.

I did try ti unplug and still the same issues, then I have removed app and restarted my iPhone and it seems its working now, only problem is that I dont think its getting all the notifications, it seems its skipping some of them (outside of 5 min window).

Did you submit a trouble ticket? I received a quick response… not much meat to it other than they’re working on it, but I wouldn’t call it silent.

V2 camera here, got it set up 3 days ago. Did the Firmware update since it popped up first thing.

Got notifications for a few hours, then nothing at all. Have posted email trouble ticket, no reply as of yet.

Does record events, so that part works great… just no pushed notifications when they occur.

Added 2 more of the V2 cameras and it’s still very sporadic. Yesterday I didn’t get any notifications and then today I am getting some but not all. I reset the cache and data in the app and then logged back in so perhaps that is what helped.

I am also having trouble with getting notifications. As time goes on there seems to be more and more small little things happening with this camera. I’ve uninstalled and installed the app several times. I hope you fix these bugs soon… Not worth having if I’m not getting notifications that’s the most important thing about this camera to me…

My notifications have also stopped. It really defeats the purpose of these really awesome little cameras. I hope you find a solution soon wyzecam.

This is a well known issue throughout the beta & Core users group. They are working on a fix.Everyone should see a firmware update in the near future. In the meantime, your input is greatly appreciated. If you have not done so, head over to the help and feedback section of the app , then click on Send Feedback (Big green button at the bottom of the “Help and Feedback” page) Describe the issue and then send it off. Make sure send log files is checked. Well known issue with android os based devices and some have reported this issue on IOS.

@iMacoo7, what about the timing of the push notifications. I’ll assume the delay in getting the notifications is likely tied to this issue?

I just received my camera earlier this week so I don’t know what the response time was prior to the notification issue going buggy.

What should one expect in terms of time from motion event to getting the push notification on your phone?

With Ring it takes just a second or two, or less. Was the WyzeCam platform hitting that same kind of performance initially?

I want to mount the camera to notify of front door visitors, but the current 20 second to 1 minute lag isn’t viable.

If it used to respond within 1-5 seconds, then I’ll happily take the time to mount it now expecting it to get back to that type of performance again.

Thank you!

Yes prior to this being an issue the cameras would send notifications to your phone within a few seconds. I am hopefully once they are able to fix the current issue they will resume doing that again…

Just set up my first camera. Very easy set-up and it does record motion/sound detected clips but I’m also not receiving push notifications to my Android devices. Tried unplugging, reinstalling, restarting, etc. No success. Opened ticket w/ Wyze. Like the camera and the app but mostly useless if it doesn’t ping me when it detects something.

The lack of (or inconsistent) push notifications is a huge pain, but that’s quite a stretch to say the cameras are mostly useless.
Without the notifications, they still work just as well, if not better than a majority of digital security cameras, especially for the price.
It is an inconvenience, but you could also just look at your application occasionally.

Really, what would you do if you got a motion detected notification and you saw someone was breaking into your house while you were at work?
Would you immediately drive home and try to fight them? The intruders would probably be gone by the time you got there.
Would you immediately call the cops? Once again, they would probably be long gone before anyone arrived.
Either way, the 12s videos were still recorded and could be downloaded and forwarded to the police. Also, you would still have the microSD card to pull the whole stream from, unless they took the camera with them.

Maybe I should have posted “mostly useless to me”. Yes, still a nice camera at an affordable price. But I want to be pinged when something triggers my camera so I at least have an option to call the police, notify other family members that might be at home or get prepared if there’s a home intruder. Periodically checking my phone after the fact doesn’t solve this issue.

I got in on the beta program and received an update to the app, and FW for the camera.

Looks like the FW is just for image quality, but the app update seems to resolved the notification issues.

I’m getting lots now. Time to turn down my sensitivity so the cats quit setting it off!

How do I get on the beta program?

Here you go…

Wyze Beta

I just received a v2 camera 3 days ago, and everything seems to work except notifications. I haven’t been able to get any notifications yet. I tried the various suggestions contained in this thread, and nothing fixes the problem. Overall impressed for a $25 camera, but push notifications should work since they advertise it. I would buy more of these cameras but will hold off until they fix this issue.