App Dark Theme/Mode

Glad to hear this! When will the update be out?

We don’t have a solid release plan yet, but we are working on it and would love people’s opinions on this!

3 Likes

This is AWESOME Progress!

Thanks Wyze Team for working on this and checking in :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes
  • Running Android 10 with Dark Theme enabled
  • Override Force Dark in Developer Mode ON
  • Dark Theme in Wyze app ON

Still to be shaded:

• Account landing page
  • Event List - Event Description (to the right of the thumbnail)  :heavy_check_mark:

The Event List is a biggie, thanks! :+1:

They fixed the home tab too (landing page)

1 Like

Fantastic. We have waited for so long. I am glad to see this happen in my lifetime.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Whoops. Meant this one:

1 Like

Oh! sorry, I misunderstood. Yes, the Account tab :slight_smile: I thought you meant the Landing page when sign into our account (Home Tab). Just a slight miscommunication. Yes, a few more things to finish up, but definitely a huge step in the right direction!

1 Like

Indeed! :slight_smile:

1 Like

So I have dark mode set but it nothing is in dark mode in my app at all. It’s all light mode still. Can someone help??

You’re probably not doing anything wrong. For right now, Wyze has mostly converted the Camera Live View pages to dark mode. So the main menu events page, and settings screen are still White for the time being, however an employee said those are soon to be converted to darkmode too. For now, when you open up a camera’s live view, most of those should show up in dark mode now, along with a few other things. They’re slowly making progress, but the way the app foundation was setup makes it a long and complicated process to implement the conversion. I’m thinking we’ll probably see the home page and event list converted to Dark mode with the January or February app update.

2 Likes

I would like the whole app dark mode not half white half dark.

As would we all. They plan to do this, but it is taking time because of the foundation of the app not being built to support app layouts. So they have to build in a new layer that can be assigned and toggled separately. They have indicated they will do the rest of the app, but instead of making us wait until the entire thing is complete, they are releasing what parts they have done when they have that part converted. I appreciate that. I do not want to wait, but I am anxious for the rest to come.

3 Likes

Its a shame they hadnt invested resources at a much earlier time, a time before they invested in coding the dozens of add-on modules for the stream of new products. Had Wyze taken our pleas more seriously, they’d have a modern, more flexible architecture, to have built their legacy upon. Over 3 years ago, Gwendolyn had told me about the plan to release a V3.

Covid cannot be blamed for everything,
Re-coding is capable of being done remotely, hardware production not so much, and the coders were tasked with module production rather than revision.

I see it a a lost opportunity.

2 Likes

I have been asking for dark mode on the home page for years. I was super pleased when I finally got it…but it has gone away! What happened?

1 Like

What app version are you on, It is currently on the 2.49 beta. If you are running the version you just need to turn it on in Account → App Settings.

This is not a drill! :raised_hands:t2:
v2.49.0.4

3 Likes

After 6 years we finally got it on the most important page!

3 Likes

Such a nice surprise today with the Dark Mode enabled. Hopefully it looks just as good on my new S24 when it arrives this afternoon.

Thank you.

2 Likes

I would like to pile on with my excitement as well! I was looking through the settings to try and fix a problem and saw Dark Mode! Very excited.

No longer do I have to irradiate my eyes with the brightness of a thousand suns late at night when I hear something go bump.

Thanks team.

3 Likes