App Dark Theme/Mode

Carver, no disrespect intended. Just 100% sarcasm with actual legit info shared (added the info as it sounded like you really wanted to know).

To me this thread is just comical as most of us know the Wyze will implement dark mode when we get honest politicians in office…

If you are interested in learning more, start with XDA developers forum. That’s where the really intelligent people that are passionate about Android reside. It’s bonkers how much they know.

Android authority is another good website that has a lot of info as well.

All the rest of the post was just me throwing shade at Wyze… Never and actual user. I know they didn’t hire anyone, I was playing off the conspiracies (or are they?) that the govt distracts us from important things… Balloons being shot down all of a sudden during a major chemical spill etc…

I have too many cams up at this point to fully convert, and have to look at cams at night and risk waking the baby by turning on the sun (Wyze app) at night to see if dogs ready to come back in.

Anyways, apologies if I offended, you, nor any other user would be an intended target…

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation and the recommendations. :slight_smile: The context of trying to be playful related to conspiracies makes it make much more sense. I do appreciate it. :+1:

You are right that I really wanted to know that info, it was perfectly relevant and concise, and now with suggestions of good places to learn more is much appreciated. Your information helped me decide that regular dark mode is sufficient in 90% of cases (or more) and still more than good enough in nearly 100% of cases. I can see AMOLED being a slight benefit for mostly static UI’s that don’t ever have to scroll, etc. In those cases it makes sense, though as you pointed out, the difference seems to be fairly negligible, but every little bit can be beneficial if the use-case fits (such as for static UI screens). I am happy to know it is a very small mw savings difference so I know to mostly care about Dark Mode in general for everything and then only push for AMOLED dark after dark mode and even then really only in specific use cases for apps that mostly use static screen UI’s. That is very useful info I didn’t see explained well on the few articles I had previously read. That is great stuff. Thanks again for chiming in!

I can confirm that I get black smearing when scrolling on my iphone’s oled display when there are pure black elements

1 Like

Have fun falling down this rabbit hole (you’ve been warned):

2 Likes

Never heard or witnessed “Black Smearing”, although it sounds offensive. Learn something new mostly everday.

Sarcasm is an artform. I haven’t fully mastered it, yet. Although I use it often.

Supposedly, they were going to hire “a ton” of employees. Maybe they need more ground support?

It’s good you are not on a farm. It would surely wake the rooster and in turn wake the cows.

If it weren’t for contributors and only Wyze had input, these boards would be boring.

It’s been a long time since I have believed anything Wyze says they are going to do or not do.

They would be empty. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If Wyze would get the background to grey #121212 I would be very happy.

2 Likes

That request is 4 years old! The result is 4 years behind. The hole they’ve dug by continued development of new modules is 4 years deep: 4³ “When we get older losing our, hair will we still love them, will we still need them?”

1 Like

how does one leave receiving emails from topics like this and all others that never get placed into the app or appliance? this is a total waste of time. Corporate Greed at its finest!

1 Like

Right below the reply button is the topic drop-down menu. Select mute and you’re free from the fantasy of dark mode…

1 Like

3 months later. Any update here?

2 Likes

3 months? Try 4 years… They don’t care, this isn’t priority people are still studying and buying new products.

1 Like

I know the feature request is 4 years old, bruh. Read the quote. It has been 3 months since they showed a teaser of dark mode, so I’m asking for an update on that specific thing.

2 Likes

I don’t have an update I am allowed to give out yet, I have seen the work they are doing and I can say it is looking good, I would love to be able to give an ETA but am not quite ready to do that.

4 Likes

Any indication if we’re talking weeks or months though?

1 Like

Just going from my guess, and I am not the designed I would have to veer towards the months since I believe we get an app update once a month or so and I am pretty sure it is not in the next one. I feel confident in the progress I am seeing though.

2 Likes

I guess I can hold off on getting that welding mask so I can use the app at night a few more months…

Hopefully before 4th of July, would hate to have fireworks washed out by people checking their cameras…

3 Likes

I’m gonna hold off on cataract surgery. It’ll be too bright for my new eyesight

1 Like

Forgot that I’d written this WAY back in Jan 2019. I’m specifically referring to the Landscape issue. Over 3 years later and here I sit, with the same disability, unable to read the Home (and other) screens without first rotating my iPad 90°. Easy for most humans, but not for me unfortunately. I was led to believe, even a year earlier (Q1 2018), that this would be implemented. Fwiw … I’ve experimented with “Stage Manager” on my iPad, but that doesn’t cut the mustard, as the saying goes. What we need, and what I expected, and still hope for, is true Landscape mode support, throughout the app, like 99% of my other installed apps have. Ah well … I’ll shut up about it for another year or so. Have a pleasant day.

1 Like

Thank Goodness for Android and the ability to force orientation but it’s mind boggling that not only is their app not available in dark mode but the fact that basic screen orientation in non existent…don’t be fooled by teasers these could all have been photoshopped to appease us. 0 confidence in the product team behind the app, all they care about is new products and people buy so there’s that…

Google of all people have finally stepped up to he plate to give us a workaround to the awful Wyze app. You can now view live feeds of cameras in the Google home app from a bunch of different camera providers including Wyze along with proper night mode support and of course auto rotation… you’re welcome folks.

3 Likes