App Dark Theme/Mode

Thank you wyzejasonj.

That’s been a sufficient enough effort going back several years to the original series or requests.

It would have been WISE of WYZE to adopt a simple basic change of background and text coding well before the 100 new product modules had been added

At this point, we will take anything.

[Mod Edit]: Signature block has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

5 Likes

It’s truly a miracle. :joy:

2 Likes

5 years of glorious complaining. They will write stories of this victory in the history books for sure.

7 Likes

Meant to reply a while ago. Thanks for making good on fixing this workaround.

2 Likes

I am glad this is finally happening. I stopped buying any more devices because of this app. Maybe now I can think about some devices.

2 Likes

I will believe it when I see it. :guide_dog::man_with_probing_cane::sunglasses:

I have been blinded by late night wyze viewing.

1 Like

Soo…it’s impossible to believe, even if it does eventually happen, because you’re already scarred for life, and the evidence you need is now impossible to present?
:rofl:
Love it.

2 Likes

Good point. I will need to hire a sighted care giver. :rofl:

4 Likes

The paying customers want DARK MODE.

3 Likes

I’ll ask my dog.

2 Likes

27 days later…Still waiting for this victory…

3 Likes

Yet newly designed products are released at near light speed along with the requisite software modules to accompany, presumably written in ancientnt Aramaic coding language.

The delay is likely due to needing a code-based “Rosetta Stone” to help translate the old code to modern intelligible code…

3 Likes

So what’s the status here? Working on it? Is there an eta, or a beta we folks can use/test?

As others have said, I’ve stopped using my wyze cams and avoided buying more due to this. Seems petty perhaps, but holy balls it will light up an entire room if I’m checking on the kids at night ha.

3 Likes

At the very top of the initial post, Wyze says “researching”.

Some feel we are beating a dead horse whose bones have turned to dust long ago.

2 Likes

Loads of frequent posters on this issue. 2018 seems so long ago.

1 Like

“Researching” makes it sound like it’s not even being worked on… 5 years. “In development” would be encouraging at least. Do I give up and move on officially? Many other low cost options out there, but I’ve really liked Wyze from the start. Slightly more than Kasa and Blink. Blink at least has dark mode, but other minor things have held me back. Just starting to feel like I’m waiting for something that might not happen for another 5 ha.

2 Likes

I am thinking of window tinting my old Samsung S6 and using the S6 just for the Wyze app.

Sunglasses help but if you forget, it hurts. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I am asking myself the same question do I just move on maybe go over to ring or back to Arlo not sure but this is got to get fixed can’t deal with the white out every night when I check my cameras…

4 Likes

https://imgur.com/a/zY20HBm

1 Like

It is clear Wyze does not care about what the paying customers actually want. I will be throwing their lame crud out as soon as I can.